MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Ed Caffrey's Workshop

Ed Caffrey's Workshop Talk to Ed Caffrey ... The Montana Bladesmith! Tips, tricks and more from an ABS Mastersmith.

Old 01-19-2018, 04:49 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Ed Caffrey Send a message via Yahoo to Ed Caffrey
Our first Knifemaking tool from KnifeMakerTraining!

Everyone who's been to my shop for a class has asked me about this, wanting to know where they could get one (or more). For a long time I've made my own "sanding sticks", but because of the time and effort involved in making them, it was never feasible to offer then for sale.

All that has changed! Tim did a couple of 3D printed ones, and after tweaking the material and design, I'm loving it! Tim made me this prototype, and I've hand finished about 1/2 dozen blades with it. I actually like this one better than the aluminum version I've used for years!
OK, all that being said, we will soon be offering these for sale on KnifeMakerTraining.com! Tim and I also made a video explaining it, and showing it's use. Look for it within the next few days!

The initial price is $24.99 which INCLUDES Priority Mail flat rate shipping within the CONUS. Price may fluctuate as the price of materials fluctuates.

We will have a video of exactly what this took is used for, and how to use it on the website. At first the quantities will be limited, as Tim works out all the kinks in making them. So stay tuned to KnifeMakerTraining.com

Availability and purchase options will be on the webpage once the product is available.

Caffreyknives@gmail.com

"Every CHOICE has a CONSEQUENCE, and all your CONSEQUENCES are a result of your CHOICES."
Old 01-19-2018, 08:19 PM
Super Moderator

http://www.legacystudioproductions.n...makertraining/

SANDING STICKS ARE NOW AVAILABLE! Click on the link above, then just scroll down.....the sanding sticks will be one of the first items! There is a limited supply, but Tim is printing more!

Caffreyknives@gmail.com

"Every CHOICE has a CONSEQUENCE, and all your CONSEQUENCES are a result of your CHOICES."
Old 01-20-2018, 08:50 AM
Skilled

Hi Ed,
I attempted to order one from your site this morning. Your checkout system is a little off-beat so I'm not sure if my order actually went through using PayPal. Order should be going to Winter Park, CO. Can you let me know if you received the order and payment? I attempted twice, so hopefully I didn't double-order. Thanks much.

Last edited by rockhound; 01-20-2018 at 08:53 AM.
Old 01-20-2018, 10:08 PM
Skilled

Thank you Ed. I look forward to trying your product.
- my order went right through with no hassles. good site.
Old 01-21-2018, 06:54 AM
Super Moderator

Rockhound.... I sent a message to Tim about your order. As soon as he lets me know, I'll relay the info to you!

Caffreyknives@gmail.com

Old 01-21-2018, 01:52 PM
Skilled

Thank you Ed. I don't see a charge pending on my PayPal account so I don't think that it went through. I'll wait for you to confirm with Tim before I re-order.

Old 01-22-2018, 12:37 PM
Registered

Hey there gang! If you need any help let me know! I guess I need to send a few messages out to prove I'm a real person before I can send private messages. So if you have any questions I'm all ears!
Old 01-23-2018, 07:33 AM
Super Moderator

Just so everyone knows..... TimMichael-KMT is my Son, and is the owner/operator/brains behind KnifeMakerTraining.com!

Caffreyknives@gmail.com

Old 02-01-2018, 04:32 PM

Modern tech supporting classic industrial arts--I love the symmetry of it.
Very cool!

www.kansasknives.org

"Drawing your knife from its sheath and using it in the presence of others should be an event complete with oos, ahhs, and questions."
Old 01-04-2021, 05:24 PM
Banned

Ed great innovations overall. Love the 3D ones as they look efficient, and you must be proud of being one of the first to have released them. I usually bought most of my knives randomly from shops I used to visit being a chef on the road and working seasonally in most places. I love the quality of your products as it really reminds me of the superiority that the tool scout provides effortlessly every time I buy from them, let apart the great prices I've been getting constantly from their side.

Last edited by Faromon; 01-07-2021 at 03:44 PM.

Tags
3d printed, a, bee, blades, ca, classic, design, flat, for sale, hand, how to, image, knifemaker, knifemaking, made, making, material, materials, sale, sanding, shop, supply, symmetry, tool, video