MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions > Fit & Finish

Fit & Finish Fit and Finish = the difference in "good art" and "fine art." Join in, as we discuss the fine art of finish and embellishment.

Old 01-23-2017, 04:22 PM
Enthusiast

mosiac pins, animals

I was wondering if anyone knew a place to buy mosaic pins with elk and moose, I have seen a few on the web, but have yet to see any from suppliers, jantz, etc. Hoping someone might be able to clue me in.

Thank You, Carl
Old 01-23-2017, 04:46 PM
Enthusiast

after a little more searching I found Jende industries carries Balatsky mosaic pins with Moose, Elk and Bear, just what I am looking for. Have any of you ordered from Jende industries before?

Thanks, Carl
Old 01-23-2017, 05:03 PM
Guru

Culpeppers sells elk antler and mosaic pins, but no moose antler. The mosaics are under rods, pins and rivets. http://www.knifehandles.com/

Jantz sells lots of different sized mosaic pins, but no antler. They sell just about every other kind of exotic handle material like giraffe bone or zebra bone plus all kinds of african horns.

Oh you are talking about a specialized mosaic pin with a moose or bear depiction in the pin. I never knew you could buy them, I like the scorpion one. I did not see a bear or deer.

Last edited by jimmontg; 01-23-2017 at 05:54 PM.
Old 01-23-2017, 07:05 PM
Enthusiast

Ya, I really like the bear, elk and moose, think they would look great in hunting knife, rather pricy at around 30 bucks for a 2.5 or 2.75 inch pin, but for me its a must try.

Carl
Old 01-23-2017, 09:18 PM
Guru

Carl, something I learned a while back and I do not know your skill level, but if you are making a premium knife then go ahead and put the really nice pins on, but if you're making a working knife or your skill level isn't good yet save the pin for the knife it's made for. It's kind of like when they used to make Rolls Royce hoods for VWs. Looks cool, but it's a VW not a Rolls. Try some of the cheaper mosaics where you get a 12" piece, heck I make some mosaics of my own. Not hard if you make them one inch long, use surgical gloves and 30 minute epoxy.

If you're experienced then just ignore what I said.lol
Old 12-16-2020, 08:31 AM
Registered

Hi we Produce in second Generation and set the highest quality standards in mosaic and logo Pin making since 1996
We use German machines and equipment best quality Products to make sure that we can bring the Top Quality Pins for Custom Handmade Knives.
We can also produce high Quality Knife Handle Pins with your own Logos and Design.
Materials : brass outer tube, brass, Epoxy resin
8 mm / 0.31 inch - 100 mm / 3.93 inch length
10 mm / 0.39 inch - 100 mm / 3.93 inch length
You can have our mosaic pins for knife making, metal work, jewelry making
Our pages where you can buy products from me ⬇️
https://www.etsy.com/shop/CustomKniv...g_id=893357840

Tags
antler, back, bone, brass, buy, epoxy, giraffe, handle material, hunting, hunting knife, knife, knife making, knifemaker, knives, made, make, making, material, mosaic, ore, pins, rivets, stag, web