MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > The Sheath/Holster Makers Forum

The Sheath/Holster Makers Forum This is the place to discuss all forms of sheath and holster making.

Old 09-17-2005, 09:26 PM
Enthusiast

Sheathmaker the Gentleman

Today as I was going down the aisle at the Spirit of Steel show in Grapevine I happened to notice the name tag on a Gentleman going the opposite way and introduced myself. It was none other than our Sheathmaker and I was able to spend the next half hour in conversation and viewing first hand his beautiful work. Not only did he show me what he had in his briefcase but also took me to a few tables where some of his work was sitting. He not only spent the time to do this but also passed on some of his knowledge to me about his patterns and the way he does his Beautiful work Rhrocker YOU ARE THE LUCKIEST!!! Sheathmaker thank you for your time. Mike
Old 09-18-2005, 07:33 AM
Skilled

Spirit of Steel Show

Yes sir!...I surely did make a one day trip to the show and in addition to M.E. Miller, I was able to meet a couple more forum members in the person of J. Martin, knife maker and Justin Reichert, custom leather maker. In addition I had a nice visit with Johnny Stout and Bill Ruple. Bill sold out of his available knives on Friday afternoon, but there was quite a lot of his knives at the various purveyor's tables. I met Kenny Rowe, who won the 1st place award for best sheath with a very innovative mutiple carry style sheath. Incidentally, Justin Reichert was also represented in that contest with one of the most interesting and beautifully executed sheaths I've seen in a long time I'm glad I wasn't a judge! All in all it was a great day.

Paul
Old 09-18-2005, 10:19 AM
Hall of Famer

M.E., I do indeed feel fortunate that I have such an expert so close to me. He's never declinded a request for me to go visit with him, he's just a great all around guy, and we know the quality of his work!

Hensarling Custom Knives

Old 09-18-2005, 01:02 PM

Location: Blairsville--in the beautiful Appalachian mountains of North Georgia.
You guys have made me very unhappy! Unhappy that I was not there with all of you. I have to console myself with the knowledge that I will be at the Trackrock hammer in this coming weekend! Hard to imagine three (3) top notch sheathmakers at the same show! ---Sandy---

Tags
knife, knives