MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions > The Newbies Arena

The Newbies Arena Are you new to knife making? Here is all the help you will need.

Old 04-28-2012, 09:33 AM
Steel Addict

Damascus Folder

Got my first damascus folder done, thought I'd share. It's stainless Damascus with a D2 core, Titanium Liner-Lock frame, Mosaic Bolsters, and Composite Malachite Scales. OA length 5", 2.25" Blade.

DSC03790.JPG

DSC03807.JPG

DSC03809.JPG
Old 04-28-2012, 10:11 AM
Founding Member / Moderator

Very nice! But, I hope whoever ends up owning it is wise enough to put it in a display case and leave it there. I had a customer order pretty much the same knife from me some years back. I told him to put it on display and never touch it again or he would drop it and those scales would break. About two weeks later he contacted me to see about getting one of the scales replaced after he dropped the knife. He was disappointed to find out that replacing the scale was going to cost about half of what he paid for the knife originally because of all the refinishing ....

Your question may already have been answered - try the Search button first!

Old 04-28-2012, 10:35 AM
Steel Addict

Oh boy lol, Some people don't tend to heed warnings very well. But that's all you can do is warn them, the rest is up to them. Most of the stuff I've made for people is meant to be abused, but wanted a little change of pace.

I received a buddies knife I made a few years back that he uses for hunting, he didn't want a sheath at that point and finally had me make him one. I was please to find besides looking like it had been used for such, it was still in perfect condition. It's nice to know your work can stand hard usage and just get dirty.

A little brass cleaning and re oiling the wood for the handle it looks brand new, it would even cut through leather without a problem. I was excited. But there are just some materials that aren't made to be abused.
Old 04-28-2012, 03:00 PM
Master

Very nice. Malachite is one of my favorite stones, its nice to see it on knives.

Tags
blade, brand, brass, damascus, folder, handle, hunting, knife, knives, leather, lock, materials, scales, sheath