MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Factory Knife Customization & Mid-Tech Boards > Randall Knives Forum

Randall Knives Forum Discuss Randall Knives

Old 08-26-2006, 01:14 PM
Steel Addict

Angry AAARRG! Big ugly carbon spot

It's raining here today, so I thought I'd fondle some Randalls. dug out the collection and all was well except my RKS 2 had developed a big ugly carbon spot right across the logo. Looked like a big rust spot at first, but it wasn't. A little rubbing with Simichrome and Ren wax had it looking better, but I think I'll send it to the shop for a touch up. Makes a good case for SS. I think there will be more frequent inspections also.
Old 08-26-2006, 02:29 PM
Steel Addict

While visiting BoBlade on the left bank last month, I had the honor of seeing all of his amazing Model 3 knives.... and of course the most special one of all was his father's knife.... wow. What a treat!!!!!

Anyway, Ron uses Bore Store knife socks for his Randalls.... they are silicone treated to prevent rust. I store my Grandfather's guns in in these, but didn't know they made knife socks..... Based on Ron's experience, I'm switching from the zipper pouches to Bore Stores.

http://www.borestores.com/

I contacted the folks that make them and asked for a "volume discount" if I buy enough to store all my knives.

They offered 20% off.

I am preparing to place an order and would be glad to collect orders to put with mine if you want the discount..... all I would ask is for you to cover the postage from my place.

Take a look, let me know if you are interested. tunefink@gmail.com

Last edited by tunefinK; 08-26-2006 at 02:45 PM.
Old 08-26-2006, 02:36 PM
Skilled

Sorry 'bout that Byrdguy! If it had happened to another knife I would have just said turn it into a user and enjoy the "character" spot but, that particular knife is destined to be a safe queen I guess with it's limited number of pieces made. Glad you had some fondling time with the collection. It's kind of fun to go through them sometimes and just take inventory of what you've got and how they are faring.

seuss
Old 08-26-2006, 03:41 PM
Steel Addict

Thanks, Mitchell, but I only have two that aren't stainless. I'll just keep them closer at hand so I can kep an eye on them.
Seuss, you're right, I ran across a couple I forgot I had.

Tags
knife, knives