MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Factory Knife Customization & Mid-Tech Boards > Knife Kits Forum

Knife Kits Forum New to the art of knife making? Learn to make awesome knives, using advanced hands-on training inside. From KnifeKits.com.

Old 04-17-2013, 11:49 AM

Where to acquire end nut/tang nut for Morseth [laminated] threaded blade tang?

I have several Morseth [laminated] knife kits from which I want to create a knife. Each is complete except for the end nut that secures handle to narrow tang. Please identify end nut/tang nut I need - and from where or from whom to order. I have not had success trying to order from Russell.

Here is a photograph of one of my kit blades that still has its end nut/tang nut.

Old 04-20-2013, 09:51 PM
Administrator

What thread size does your tangs have?

One of these may work...
http://www.knifekits.com/vcom/index.php?cPath=298

Alex

[======]~~~~~~~>

Atlantavirtual.com
Atlanta NOC
Old 04-21-2013, 10:18 AM

If you are able to drill and tap, this would be very easy to make your self. You would need to know the thread size, simple enough to do by taking the blade to the hardware store and using there thread checker on the tang threads. After that getting some brass rod, looks like 3/8 in the photo. and the appropriate drill size for the the tap you need. Those nuts were slotted on the back and that can be done with a hacksaw and a steady hand. the length of the nut looks like 1/2 inch long by the pic but you can make it to suit your handle. Wes
[I just looked at the previous post reference and that might be the way to go once you know the thread size]

Last edited by viking-sword; 04-21-2013 at 10:22 AM.
Old 04-22-2013, 01:59 PM

Persisted into a small amount of luck. Head of the repair department at Russell found a single end nut. It is in the mail to me. She recommended I take it to a machine shop for replication.

Old 04-23-2013, 09:35 AM
Skilled

Invest in a tap and die kit as soon as you can afford one. They're invaluable.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:46 PM
Administrator

I second that!!!

[======]~~~~~~~>

Atlantavirtual.com
Atlanta NOC
Old 05-04-2013, 09:36 PM

Send me a blade and I will send you a handfull of nuts for them in trade.

Aaron

Tags
arrow, back, blade, blades, brass, drill, easy, easy to make, hand, handle, hardware, kit, kits, knife, knifekits.com, make, repair, rod, simple, store, tang, tang nut