MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions > The Newbies Arena

The Newbies Arena Are you new to knife making? Here is all the help you will need.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-11-2017, 01:48 PM
Guru

first 2 real folders

Hey guys aint been on in a few day my computer got all messed up. but I been working on these, not much to see only one pic I took a couple but they came out kinda fuzzy. I had done a couple prototypes using aluminum for the liners following rays tutorial (wich helped tremendously!) then the red and black one was made with titanium liners it has red g10 and marbled carbon fiber. 440c blade. The 2nd one is a flipper design opens similar to a spring assisted knife but no spring only bearings. copper carbon fiber shed and lightning strike carbon fiber (can ya tell I am on a carbon fiber kick) I took what I learned on the first and adapted some things to make it work as a flipper. The bearing system is a bunch of loose 1/16th balls that sit in a pocket by the pivot. its similar to the IKBS system. I guess you have to be licenced to call the blades IKBS so I cant but basicly the same thing. I am working on one now using caged berings. the loose bearings is a bit of a pain.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...pshrrzmrhj.jpg

Tags
440c, assisted, back, ball, bearing, bee, blade, blades, carbon, carbon fiber, design, flipper, folder, folding, g10, ikbs, interesting, knife, knives, made, make, pivot, pocket, titanium, tutorial