MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions > The Folding Knife (& Switchblade) Forum

The Folding Knife (& Switchblade) Forum The materials, techniques and the designing of folding knives.

Old 06-02-2001, 07:07 AM
eudus

Blade Show

G'day Gents,

Well I've arrived in Atlanta last night (friday) and I'm suffering from a severe case of jet lag, however I got here at last and really looking forward to meeting all you guys. My table number is 21-D.

Regards from Australia
Neil Charity
www.ncknives.com

Old 06-02-2001, 08:32 AM
Don Cowles

Great, Neil- I'm at 26E, so we'll be neighbors.
Old 06-08-2001, 09:39 PM
neil charity

G'day,

The show has just opened and business has been really brisk, it's wonderful to meet the guys that have been on the forum, face to face.
I've changed my user name from "eadus" to "neil charity" and when I get a chance I will fix up my "signature".

Regards from Australia (via Atlanta)

Neil Charity
www.ncknives.com
Old 06-11-2001, 09:20 PM
Jason G Howell

Hello Neil, Don, Alex, Bob... I met a few at the show, but missed most I'm sure. I had a great time at the show, hoping everyone else did. It was fast and furious with a big crowd starting Friday that tapered off by Sunday as far as I could tell. Sales were mixed for some, with several makers I talked to not selling any at all, some selling out, most selling a couple. They say the top 10% of the makers get 80% of the sales, we 90% left over divvy up the last 20%. I did visit with Alex, Bob, Neil, and Don some. You guys are great. It helps putting a face with a name. Neil had some Kangaroo sacks (great, Neil, I wish I'd gotten one now) and his great folders. They look better in person than in pictures. Bob has a sleek fixed blade, man.. and Don, well, they are small elegant fixed with a touch of class. I'm ready for next year. I'll be testing for my Journeyman then, so wish me luck. It's going to be tough to step back and make some knives in carbon. It seems everything lately has been using damascus. BTW, I did sell 2 folders and delivered 5, so I did well. My first show was Atlanta in 1999. I look at my shows as a way to get some exposure, meet my knife buddies, pick up some materials, and if I sell a knife, it's a bonus! Every show I make, I have a great time, my wife and kids sometimes go, mingle and make contacts, but ALWAYS have a great time.
Old 06-12-2001, 08:46 AM
neil charity

G'day gents,

I really liked your folders Jason, they showed, to me at least, that a lot of thought had gone into the design, suitable materials and the execution of the actual construction was first class. Unfortunately I only sold the one piece but I came away with the determination to build some new designs. To that end I have invested quite a few dollars in upmarket materials in an endeavour to attract the high collector. These guys look for flawless execution together with excellent design and use of quality materials. What I really noticed was the really top name folder makers were making folder that were exceptionally slim using really thin materials.

Old 06-12-2001, 05:37 PM
Jason G Howell

I know what you mean by slim. It has been a struggle for me to get things thinner, and I still have a ways to go. I had 2 blades this time that were .110, and one at .100 thick, but that's still on the verge of being a bit big. Great to see your lockbacks, slicker in person. They are on my back burner.

Old 06-12-2001, 07:19 PM
Frank Niro

For all the help you two, Neil and Jason, have given me and others I'm sure pleased you enjoy yourselves at the Blade show. Frank.

Tags
blade, fixed blade, hunting knife, knife, knives