MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Factory Knife Customization & Mid-Tech Boards > Knife Kits Forum

Knife Kits Forum New to the art of knife making? Learn to make awesome knives, using advanced hands-on training inside. From KnifeKits.com.

Old 09-09-2008, 07:41 PM

limited availablility

Can anybody tell me why I can only get the balisong trainers on the website?

In fact, most of the kits I had lined up that I wanted to purchase are now unavailable.
Old 09-10-2008, 12:24 AM
Administrator

Hi-

That's a very good question. Our reasoning behind the model revision when we (re)introduced the new Typhoon was to focus on designs that could be super tricked out, but still safe for beginners to flip. Let's face it, there are plenty of custom and factory sharpened balisong knives that one can buy and flip out here.

We have the new Typhoon Competition Trainer coming later this year, and a new (standard washer) style of Typhoon Trainer, which will be available in a few weeks. (called the Typhoon Twister)

If you're unable to find items that you need, or if you want to check the stock status on something that we're restocking, please call us and we'll let you know when we'll have it. In fact, we're happy to help!

877-25-KNIFE

That's our toll-free, if you need us.

Thank you!

Alex

[======]~~~~~~~>

Atlantavirtual.com
Atlanta NOC
Old 09-10-2008, 07:11 PM
Master

Send a message via ICQ to Txcwboy
So your saying your NOT going to make one OTHER than the trainer ?

Dave
Old 09-15-2008, 02:07 PM
Administrator

Hi Dave,

We're now 100% specialized in customizable trainers and show level flippers. All of our current and future models, with the exception of the paddle trainers, will feature a unsharpened, yet fully precision ground blade.

Here's the basic question:
Would you be more prone to flip a bali that "would" or "would not" cut you?

With our concept, we feel that we can promote more "flipping" with our models. The fun factor is increased because average guys, like me, can try stuff and still keep our fingers and toes.

In fact, we plan to introduce several new blade styles that we think will compete in look and styling to any on the market today, only they'll be safe to flip. The first edition Typhoon Trainer is a perfect example. You'll look twice at the edge, trust me.

Alex

[======]~~~~~~~>

Atlantavirtual.com
Atlanta NOC
Old 09-16-2008, 08:27 PM
Master

Send a message via ICQ to Txcwboy
Ive seen a few on somebodies website and they WERE sharp. I would buy one if it was sharp as I have always love the balis but I m not interested in trainers. I dont sit around flippin it and when i do I can do it without hurting myself

Thats too bad. Thanks for answer.

Dave

PS. it seems youve had more people asking why they cant buy something other than a trainer than asking FOR trainers to me.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:12 PM
Registered

Send a message via AIM to Morphire Send a message via Yahoo to Morphire
Well I'VE been trying to get the Competition Trainer for about a year and a half now so not everyone is interested in the sharp blades. I want the big dull holes in the blade obvious trainer blade so no one mistakes it for a "real knife" when I play with it among others. It tends ot keep everyone more sedate that way.

Plus just sharpen the blade that comes in the kit if you want it sharp. It's not that dull to begin with and just lacks a secondary bevel. It'll take a little more work, but it's more than manageable.

Tags
balisong, blade, butterfly knife, knife, knives