MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Factory Knife Customization & Mid-Tech Boards > Knife Kits Forum

Knife Kits Forum New to the art of knife making? Learn to make awesome knives, using advanced hands-on training inside. From KnifeKits.com.

Old 07-12-2008, 03:21 PM
Master

DDR3BL with stainless damascus blade

Just installed the stainless damascus blade to this DDR3BL!!Fileworked spine,stainless safety,reworked edges.
Thank you for looking!!

Regards:
Albert
Old 07-12-2008, 05:23 PM
Steel Addict

Albert,
Beautiful knife, as always......

I see you've still got some of that real nice buckeye burl left. The damascus blade is awesome, it that from Knifekits.com?

It looks like you put a stainless spacer between the bolsters and scales, nice.....and the file work looks great.

I like the SS safety. Have you thought of making some extra safeties and selling them? I would buy a couple from you. Do you have a milling machine or do you do them with files....?

Mike
Old 07-12-2008, 06:04 PM
Master

Hi!!Thanks Mike!!I love buckeye!!Brought some more blocks this May from the US!!Also some DDR3BL kits and one stainless damascus blade for this one!!(I went to Miami and Cancun with my wife and brougt some materials!!Tha spacer is brass for contrast!!As for the safeties I have made them with a milling base in my drill press,but these I make them with the pieces that I cut off the spines,on a steel base,riveted and silver soldered!!Takes long but I do it for fun!!(The only thing I dislike of these kits is the outrageous plastc safety!!)I think it takes longer to make a decent safety than putting the whole kit together,including de burring and polishing!!Sorry I don't make safeties for sale!!(With the cost of postage they would cost like a new blade!!
Ahh!!And the blade is from Knife Kits!!Expensive but lovely!!
Thanks again Mike!!
Regards:Albert
Old 07-14-2008, 06:37 PM
Master

A couple more closeups!!

Regards:Albert
Old 07-14-2008, 10:11 PM
Steel Addict

Albert, Great pictures. That damascus blade is awesome. I haven't done a knife with damascus yet. Got to save up some money first...

I understand what you're saying about the safeties, it looks like a lot of work. I wonder if the folks at KnifeKits.com would consider making a stainless safety and putting it on the website? I'm sure they have the equipment to make them, milling machines/cnc's. Maybe I'll shoot them an email and ask them if they would consider it.

We're still waiting patiently for the DDR2.5-BL....... When they come out are you going to give one a try?
Mike
Old 07-15-2008, 06:56 AM
Master

Thanks Mike!!I think more than a year ago,maybe two there was talk about the safety in the forum,but nothing has come from Knife Kits since.I think it is the only thing I dislike about the kit!!A DDR2BL would be a great kit!!The DDR3BL is really fabulous,but slightly big for the pocket!!I surely will go for the DDR2BL when it comes out!!I still got five DDR3BL kits with SS blades to buils!!
Best regards my friend!!Have fun!!
Albert

Tags
blade, knife