MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions > The Folding Knife (& Switchblade) Forum

The Folding Knife (& Switchblade) Forum The materials, techniques and the designing of folding knives.

Old 03-13-2006, 11:18 AM
Registered

SB's I have owned, only one was good!

I have owned only a couple of SB's. Notable among them were a MT CMTX5 DA, Paragon Black knife, a real Black Knife from Ox Forge, a Dalton can't remember which one, and last but not least a Pro Tech TR.

Now each knife was nib and purchased by me. All of them every single one had blade play in the knife when opened, with the exception of the Pro Tech. I still own it and have used it for fishing no less. The PT has been cycled hundreds of times with out any blade play whatsoever. So what gives? I am not a SB epert by any stetch and haven't owned that many but as stated the only one that was worth a hoot and is rock solid is the PT. Thanks and all comments are welcome. keepem sharp
Old 03-16-2006, 03:45 AM
Registered

You have extremely bad luck. I would find a new hobby!!!
My American made knives are all adjustable at the pivot pin for blade play. My German knives are tight. The Italians? Well, they are italian.
Mike
Old 03-16-2006, 10:26 PM
Steel Addict

I saw a Severtech with slight play once. I told the owner the make would be most ashamed. I took it to the makers shop, he disassembled , cleaned and sharpened it and no more play.Never saw play in the 40 or so I have handled. "Pert' near indestroyuble!!"
Old 07-18-2006, 06:35 AM

You need to look to the Custom Side , I guarentee Most Customs have 0 blade play , they are Pricey but you get what you pay for ,Microtech has the best track record for Production switches IMHO

Tags
blade, forge, knife, knives