MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Ed Caffrey's Workshop

Ed Caffrey's Workshop Talk to Ed Caffrey ... The Montana Bladesmith! Tips, tricks and more from an ABS Mastersmith.

Old 10-03-2012, 04:31 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Ed Caffrey Send a message via Yahoo to Ed Caffrey
Wed Night Knife Chat Issues

Hi Gang!

Just wanted to let everyone know that I've been working on, but still haven't figured out the issues with the Chat page on my site. I suspect it was hacked, and possibly reprogrammed/redirected. I've been working on it since last week, and it looks like it might have to be rebuilt from scratch. That means no Wed night chat until I can get it fixed....and figure out how I can make is more secure from stupid hackers. I posted a note on my home page, but wanted to explain a bit more here.

Sorry for the interruption in chat, but once we get it back up and running, hopefully it can be better (read that to mean more secure) then before.

Caffreyknives@gmail.com

"Every CHOICE has a CONSEQUENCE, and all your CONSEQUENCES are a result of your CHOICES."
Old 10-03-2012, 06:33 PM
Skilled

Hi Ed,
I'm not familiar with your Chat room system but have some experience with 'Java-based' Chat from another forum I mod at.
If your Chat Room is Java-based make sure your Java is working properly and up to date... it may not be hackers. I would check that first... usually the case with ours but rarely a problem.

Old 10-05-2012, 02:20 PM

FWIW Oracle did push out a few major updates lately, after the release of JRE7 there were several major security flaws that needed to be addressed.

Tags
back, bee, home, knife, make, scratch