MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Community Discussion Boards > Knife Network Community

Knife Network Community TKN is all about excellence and sharing info. Our 'other' lives are also filled with stories, events, and opinions. This forum is an opportunity to discuss outside interests, personal experience, things that make us happy and things that don't!

Old 05-02-2003, 10:39 AM
Founding Member *Sys_Admin*

Gee Dad, give the kid some credit

Night before last I was sitting here at the computer and noticed it was 1:00 a.m. I had yet to see my younger daughter and got a little irritated. Not that she's a baby or anything -- she's in college -- but still, we do have a few simple rules around here. We've taught the girls that no matter how old they are, they should do us the simple courtesy of calling to let us know that they are alright and what they're up to when they are out late. The arbitrary time we've set to check in is midnight.

Later on I checked the time again. It was almost 2:00 a.m. and I still hadn't heard from her. Okay, that's it. This was ridiculous. I called my daughter's cell phone. When she answered, I said, "Carly, it's almost 2:00 a.m. and I haven't heard from you. Now where in the heck are you"? She started laughing.

I'm thinking, this is not good. Two in the morning, no phone call, and now she's laughing about it.

Then she say's, "Turn around dad". There she stood, right behind me, cell phone pressed to her ear. She continued to talk (on the cell phone), looking right at me, and said, "I've been here since midnight. I walked right past you when I came in, but you were on one of those knife forums and didn't even see me".

You know, there's something wrong with this picture. I'm starting to think that somebody better sit me down and give me a good talking to.

Click the banner above to visit my website
Old 05-02-2003, 11:03 AM

Terry-

That really gave me a good chuckle...and boy can I ever relate. My 13 year old daughter Piper, our only child, is forever saying to me: "Dad, can I PLEASE get on the internet! You've been talking with your knife guys for hours already!!!"

Last night, on my way home from the office, I called ahead to ask if I needed to stop and pick up anything. Piper answered the phone quickly (as always) and proceeded to give me "the report", which includes a run-through of the day's mail. When she got to the part about the new Blade arriving I stopped her and said simply..."I'll be home soon."

I sat at the table prior to dinner completely fixated on the new issue (a great issue by the way)...Piper,sitting across from me, kept trying to carry on a conversation. "Dad, why is your magazine getting more attention than me?" I responded "Honey you know I love you and would very much like to talk in just a little while,... it's the new Blade, it just arrived." "But Dad, you read those over and over anyway" Again I responded "Yes that's true,...but this is my 1ST TIME to read it!"

Dennis Greenbaum

Yeah Baby!
Old 05-02-2003, 01:54 PM

He he he! Great stories!

Nahhhhh, I can't relate to late nights going over the forums. Uh-huh... I'm running a few years behind youz guyz....

Coop

?? New website improvement for 2010 - Over 5000 images searchable by maker's name! ??
Old 05-02-2003, 02:06 PM

Sure Coop...

Between the three of us we've got well over 2500 posts! Not too many late nights in the CKD Forums there...

Dennis Greenbaum

Yeah Baby!
Old 05-02-2003, 08:26 PM
Hall of Famer

Tags
blade, knife