MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Factory Knife Customization & Mid-Tech Boards > Randall Knives Forum

Randall Knives Forum Discuss Randall Knives

Old 09-30-2005, 07:24 AM
Enthusiast

Benchmade 910 Stryker

I posted this in the Benchmade forum but there isn't a whole lot of traffic there, I guess.

I'm considering upgrading my EDC and this is one of the knives at which I'm looking.

Does anyone have any experience with this one?

Old 10-01-2005, 12:53 AM
Skilled

Jerry,
....I like Benchmade Knives. I have several of them. I do not know much about the 910. I believe it is a liner lock style. The blade is tanto style and looks very functional but UGLY IMHO. My favorite Benchmades are the Axis Lock models. These are really smooth one handed knives. Several of the Axis Lock models can be ordered with thumbstuds or oval thumb hole. I like the thumbstuds. The Griptillians are available in two sizes like the 910 and are available with a couple different blade shapes including a tanto that is somewhat like the 910. The Gripstillians are in very functional grippy (Zytel maybe) handles and the price for them because of the simple handles is much lower than the 910. Price for them seems right for me for an EDC that you do not have to worry so much about misplacing. With the black handles the Griptillians look nice. Some of the other colors are goofy but perhaps good for keeping an eye on the knife if you have it out and leave it out of reach. I also have just gotten a Model 707 which is light and slim and has dark grey aluminum handles with black G10 inserts. The Model 707 is styled like the limited edition Models of the 705 but with the handle slimmed down so that it is a much nicer lightweight EDC. The blade is also a little heavier to make it easier to flip open. The 707 is available for much less than the Limited edition 705s were selling for and is in the same price range as the 910. Most of the Axis lock models are smooth enough that they can be flicked open rather than using the thumbstud. When in the open position the axis lock is very secure.
Jeff

Top to bootom: Mini Griptillian, Keltec P32, Large Griptillian

Last edited by jclarksnakes; 10-01-2005 at 01:01 AM.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:08 PM
Registered

i,m in search for the 705 with M2.any sellers?i like the fat handle because the hand doesnt cramped up while skinning wire

Last edited by joeybobb; 07-10-2006 at 10:12 PM.
Old 07-11-2006, 08:37 AM

Hi joeybob!

Welcome to the Knife Network.

Unfortunately, the Randall forums are not "Buy, Sell and Trade" forums. The knife Network provides a "Classified" area where you may wish to participate.

See here: http://www.knifenetwork.com/classifieds/index.php

Thanks for your understanding!

Cheers!

David

Tags
blade, knife, knives, military