MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Community Discussion Boards > Knife Network Community

Knife Network Community TKN is all about excellence and sharing info. Our 'other' lives are also filled with stories, events, and opinions. This forum is an opportunity to discuss outside interests, personal experience, things that make us happy and things that don't!

Old 11-11-2009, 04:55 PM

Help this new old dude please?

I been looking around this place and decided it was for me so here I am. But? Not sure where I need to be exactly in the forums based on my likes and what I have seen here so far so I could use a little help please?
Oh, let me back up up a bit, Hi all, how is everyone I am the new guy here I just joined today. Okay now, here is my deal. I made a fixed blade knive from an old file years and years ago in metal shop. I was hooked then but since have only collected and sharpened a few and I use the term sharpened loosely. I am a fixed blade fan foremost but dig folders also and now wish to get into making another knive or starting off repairing and cleaning up a few I have laying around and could use your help as far as which forum category I need to hang out in best suited to me. I looked around but can not seem to see where I best belong, my apologies.
Nice joining and I look forward to calling this place home if you all will have me? I will warn you in advance, I am new to forums and computers so excuse me for any ignorance or lack of computer etiquette.

Thanks in advance for your help,

SoCal
Old 11-11-2009, 06:53 PM
Master

SoCal-
First, welcome!! I think you are where all of us were at one point. I recommend you check out the "Newbies Arena". There is a TON of information in the stickies at the top and some pretty smart guys that hang around there to answer any question you might have.
-dr

"The choice isn't between success and failure; it's between choosing risk and striving for greatness, or risking nothing and being certain of mediocrity." - Keith Ferrazi
Old 11-11-2009, 07:32 PM

Thank You dr, I appreciate the help and will follow the advice.

Tags
blade, fixed blade, hunting knife, knife, knives