MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Knife Organizations and Club Boards > Georgia Knifemaker's Guild

Georgia Knifemaker's Guild The Georgia Knifemaker's Guild. Furthering and fostering the passion of knives, knifemaking, and related interests

Old 08-01-2006, 11:19 AM
Skilled

September meeting

The Georgia Guild will hold the summer meeting on September 16th at Scott Davidson?s shop in Alto GA (www.solidrockknives.com). The demos will consist of two discussions. The first discussion will be on the pricing of knives moderated by Leroy Mathews, a collector and dealer of custom knives for many years. The second discussion will be held on the ethics of knifemaking and dealing with the public. A demonstration is planned for the afternoon on forging a hawk from a hammer. More information, as well as directions to Scott?s shop will be provided later.
We will have the usual iron in the hat drawing to pay for lunch. In that will be a chance to draw for a custom knife put at risk by one of our members.
The knife pictured below is being donated by Carl Rechsteiner, Georgia Guild President, to be given to the lucky person that happened to purchase the correct raffle ticket. All of the proceeds from the raffle will be used to support the John Poythress Scholarship being established by the Georgia Guild to further the education of knifemakers in the state. The knife, named ?Osage Squall?, is forged, and differentially heat treated. It has an Osage orange handle with pewter fittings and a file worked blade back. You don?t want to miss the chance to win this one.

If you plan on attending, let Scott know if you can. You can do that by responding to this message or by using his web site (www.solidrockknives.com/contact.html). It helps him plan for the meeting. If you won?t know until a late date, please come on anyway. We will always have enough, and welcome everyone.

Old 08-02-2006, 08:52 PM
Skilled

Harry,

Thank for posting that info. I was beginning to wonder if I had missed it. I plan to be there. If I can do or bring anything, just let me know.

Carey

You are cordially invited to check out my web site:
Handmade Knives by Carey Quinn
Old 08-02-2006, 09:16 PM

Carey,
Bring a friend (or two). They'll have a good time and meet some exceptional people
(of course, you already know that).

Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

ps - Scott's shop is airconditioned

Registered Master Artist - GA Council for the Arts
C Rex Custom Knives

Blade Show Table 6-H
Old 08-03-2006, 10:29 PM

Sorry! Meant to tell all that Steve Brazeale will be doing the hammer-to-hawk demo at the meeting.
If you've seen his hawks, you know it'll be good. If you haven't, you're in for a treat. I'm not going to miss it!

Registered Master Artist - GA Council for the Arts
C Rex Custom Knives

Blade Show Table 6-H
Old 08-04-2006, 08:27 AM

Location: Portal, GA - If you know where it is, you probably got a speeding ticket.
Send a message via AIM to Jamey Saunders Send a message via MSN to Jamey Saunders Send a message via Yahoo to Jamey Saunders
Here's a pic of some of Steve's hawks I took at the last meeting...

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of them." --John Wayne, in The Shootist

Tags
blade, forging, knife