MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Knife Organizations and Club Boards > Georgia Knifemaker's Guild

Georgia Knifemaker's Guild The Georgia Knifemaker's Guild. Furthering and fostering the passion of knives, knifemaking, and related interests

Old 12-29-2003, 03:06 PM
Enthusiast

Logo

Does anyone have an idea, for the logo of the "Georgia Knifemaker's Guild"?

Jay
Old 12-29-2003, 03:42 PM

Location: Portal, GA - If you know where it is, you probably got a speeding ticket.
Send a message via AIM to Jamey Saunders Send a message via MSN to Jamey Saunders Send a message via Yahoo to Jamey Saunders
I've kinda been wondering about that myself, and I've decided to leave that up to some of the more artistic members of the Guild.

Of course, if you're looking for an ugly logo...I'm ya man!

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of them." --John Wayne, in The Shootist
Old 01-10-2004, 10:35 AM

Hi guys,

John & I have been wondering the same thing. Kathleen Tomey knows someone who is quite artistic. I think she was going to ask that person to come up with a few designs for us to look at. Anyone who has an idea on what they would like the logo to be should bring it to the meeting on Feb 07 so we can all see it. That is among the things we need to go ahead and decide on.

See you guys Feb 07 in Macon.

Old 02-15-2004, 06:22 PM
Enthusiast

:confused:

Did anyone have an idea for a logo?

Jay
Old 02-15-2004, 07:17 PM

I just looked this site over. You might get some idea's for cheap.

http://wvw.swift-logos.net/index.php

Coop

?? New website improvement for 2010 - Over 5000 images searchable by maker's name! ??
Old 02-15-2004, 09:09 PM

Kathleen Tomey and her daughter have been working on a logo for us. Click below to see a draft. Let us know what you think.

http://www.poythresscustomknives.com...Guild/logo.pdf

Old 02-15-2004, 10:58 PM
Administrator

Hey, I like that!

Alex

[======]~~~~~~~>

Atlantavirtual.com
Atlanta NOC
Old 02-22-2004, 06:30 AM

Joan - I like the change in the lettering from the prototype. Very good adaptation. I did a display at the Regional Christian Sportsman's Association Annual Wildgame Tasting event last Friday night and had a mock-up of the original logo on a small 8x11 poster displayed (wish I had seen this one in time). I had several folks ask about the Guild and handed out a few blank application forms as well. I hope this wasn't inappropiate, the opportunity popped up at the last minute.

Kathleen - If you read this, please commend your daughter for the work she's done and give her (and you) my personal "Thank You!".

Hey Jay - If you want to see these things in the beginning stages, join the Guild and get yourself to the meetings. You're always welcome to ride down with me. That old Nissan has adjustable seats for your long legs (I appologize for not thinking of that before the last meeting, sorry friend).

Registered Master Artist - GA Council for the Arts
C Rex Custom Knives

Blade Show Table 6-H
Old 02-22-2004, 08:12 AM

logo, website, next meeting

Kathleen and her daughter did a SUPER job on our logo design. John and I are excited to see it begin to show up out in the folks of Georgia as a Standard of Craftsmanship and Quality in Custom Knives.

You did good to have a couple of blank applications with you. This coming weekend John & I will be at the Flint River Show and we plan on taking quite a few with us to hand out to knifemakers and patrons at the show (as long as we get the go-ahead on that from the Flint River folks). I also have developed quite a mailing list (of about 125 names of both knifemakers and interested parties) and am working on snail-mailing out invitations to our next meeting in May and blank applications along with minutes from our last meeting. This mailing should go out in about 3 weeks---we are waiting on the arrival of our 2nd grandchild in 2 weeks.

The only way for us to grow and take our place in the knifemaking community is for the word to get out.

BTW if anyone has a particular thing they would like to demo at a meeting or would like to see shown at our meetings, please let John & me know. We are working now on lining up our slate of demos for the next meeting and setting the agenda.

Remember we have several items to finish up at our next meeting--our 1st full term President & VP. John has no problem with continuing on if the Guild members desire that. Also do we need to find someone among our ranks to begin a newsletter? It can be snail-mailed and/or posted on our new website for download. AND IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE GREAT SITE JAMEY IS WORKING ON CHECK OUT www.georgiaknifemakersguild.com

Thanks for all the hard work from everyone.

John & Joan Poythress

Tags
knives