MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Ed Caffrey's Workshop

Ed Caffrey's Workshop Talk to Ed Caffrey ... The Montana Bladesmith! Tips, tricks and more from an ABS Mastersmith.

Old 11-26-2008, 10:25 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Ed Caffrey Send a message via Yahoo to Ed Caffrey
The things I'm thankful for...Happy Thanksgiving!

I thought it might be a good time to share some of things that I am thankful for.....

1. I am thankful for a wonderful and loving family. Not only my immediate family, but my family of knifemaking friends. This time last year I was dealing with the loss of my Dad, and I cannot express how much the support that I received from all my friends in the Knifemaking community meant during a very trying time in my life. As I think back, special thanks are due to Brad & Lisa Singley, Jon & Brenda Christensen, and Steve & Malissa Kelly, who likely do not know fully just how much their friendship and support helped me through that very difficult season.

2. To be living in this nation. During my tenure with the military, I traveled to just about every corner of the globe, and from first hand experience, there is no doubt in my mind that even with all our differences, and often times our self-made problems, we as a people fair far better, than most other nations on the planet.

3. An finally....I'm thankful for the little things. I have a roof over my head, a warm bed to sleep in, and a loving family who forgive my faults and failings. I awake each morning and see a beautiful sunrise over the mountains, I have the privilege of stepping out my back door and walking a scant 20 yrds. to a job I love. I spend my days learning and creating, and sometimes I get the honor of teaching others the craft I love. At the end of the day, I can look forward to to a warm hug from a loving Wife, and the conversation that a good day's end brings.

I could go on and on, but just from those few things I mentioned, its very obvious to me that I am truly blessed, and am a fortunate man indeed.

Happy Thanksgiving from the Caffrey's
Ed, Cindy and Mandi

Caffreyknives@gmail.com

"Every CHOICE has a CONSEQUENCE, and all your CONSEQUENCES are a result of your CHOICES."

Last edited by Ed Caffrey; 11-27-2008 at 10:29 AM.
Old 11-26-2008, 10:45 PM
Master

There is so much to truly be thankful for. Not the stuff, but the really important things.

Take care, Craig
Old 11-27-2008, 12:32 AM
Skilled

Ed, you are the MAN! A big dito to everything you said. I as well am thankfull for a loving family excellent wife & kids and all the little things as well. I am very thankfull to be learning the art of knife making, and to have someone like you to look up to. Not only are you a top of the line knife maker you are also a hell of a guy. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone and may God bless this country. It needs it! Thanks, Shane
Old 11-27-2008, 06:48 AM
Skilled

The most thankful thing for me is of course is my family. I thankful for god to allow me a chance to learn everyday I awake . I'm thankful for those that serve this great nation in which we live. I'm thankful for the chance to have met so many in the knife making community. I also thankful for the joy of waking up this morning and having a fresh cup of coffee and reading the knife forums.

God bless everyone

Bing
MLazyB Custom Knives
Old 11-27-2008, 08:27 AM
Skilled

I am thankful for my new wife, and for all the help Ed has given me and for everyone else who has helped and encouraged me. I am very thankful to have some shop space too!
Old 11-27-2008, 09:31 AM
Steel Addict

It is obvious every day that we all have so much to be thankful for... To remember all the reasons why we are all so blessed would take a life time..
I wish you all ah happy and Blessed Thanksgiving!!

Steve

S.K. Knives
11407 Spotted Fawn Ln.
Bigfork, Mt. 59911
(406)837-1489
www.skknives.com
Old 11-27-2008, 11:06 AM
Enthusiast

My absolute favorite time of the year! We here at the Singley household have much to be thankful for. Great health, 2 jobs I love, firefighting and knives. We are blessed with two angels, Jack(8) & Ginny(7) they are truly God's gifts to me and Lisa.
As for friends I could not be more blessed. It's hard to express how much Ed has helped me in my knifemaking. I could not have progressed this far without him, I'm the lucky one here. Thank you Ed Caffrey for your gift to me. I am lucky to have you as a friend!
I hope everyone here has a great day spent with family and friends and to those military members who can't be here with their family please know you are in our thoughts and prayers.

Brad Singley
Old 11-27-2008, 12:14 PM
Steel Addict

A very special day to be grateful. Especially grateful to be able to do the things I love to do. Like..... chasin birds. :-)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg camera 039.jpg (90.6 KB, 15 views)

www.BirdogForge.com
Old 11-27-2008, 11:53 PM
Hall of Famer

What Ed said !!!!

Old 11-29-2008, 06:50 PM

Amen. This past March we were told my wife had lukemia. I remember leaving her for her first chemo treatment and looking at the back of our car inthe parking lot and asking myself, where are you going and why? This month we were told she is in remission. God is Great! Life is Good!
Old 11-29-2008, 06:58 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Ed Caffrey Send a message via Yahoo to Ed Caffrey
Now that is something to be truly thankful for! All too often we let "life" get in the way of telling those we love, just how much they mean to us. Loosing my Dad really drove that point home for me....I will never miss a chance to tell someone, whether they are friend or family, just how much they mean to me. Tomorrow is not promised, and all too often when we think about doing it, its too late.

We'll keep you and your Mrs. in our prayers!

Caffreyknives@gmail.com

"Every CHOICE has a CONSEQUENCE, and all your CONSEQUENCES are a result of your CHOICES."
Old 12-03-2008, 12:25 AM

Location: 76 miles north east of Nashville Tn. in a little place called Whitleyville
Send a message via AIM to wwithem1
Hang in there Joe

I myself have just started the long chemo road and you really are blessed to get such news. Hang on for all your worth

Old 12-03-2008, 12:20 PM
Master

Great news Joe. Hang in there Bill.

Take care, Craig

Tags
knife, knife making, knives