MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Ed Caffrey's Workshop

Ed Caffrey's Workshop Talk to Ed Caffrey ... The Montana Bladesmith! Tips, tricks and more from an ABS Mastersmith.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-05-2015, 01:36 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Ed Caffrey Send a message via Yahoo to Ed Caffrey
Hand files from Home Depot (Husky Brand)

Thought I would pass this along....a couple of months ago, I was wondering around Home Depot, and noticed that all of the "Husky" brand files had a "Guaranteed Forever" on them. I asked the sales person if there were any "gotchas" on the warranty, and they said "No!"

Anyway, I spent $11 on a set of files, just to see how they held up. (considering I pay about $10 each in boxes of 12 for Nicholson files from Enco) Well, over the past couple of months they have held up about on par with Nicholson files, but cutting/cleaning up shoulders on forged hunters takes it toll.

This morning I walked into Home Depot with 3 files that the teeth were flat worn out on....and I walked out with threee new files...no questions asked! If its gona be like that, then its a no brainer to buy Husky brand files at Home Depot! Pay once, and new files forever!

I have to wonder if every Home Depot store would be as easy and hassle free as it was for me....but hey, it worked for me!!

Caffreyknives@gmail.com

"Every CHOICE has a CONSEQUENCE, and all your CONSEQUENCES are a result of your CHOICES."

Tags
at home, back, belts, brand, building, chainsaw, cleaning, craftsman, easy, files, flat, forged, hand, hardware, home, how to, knives, made, make, ore, post, problem, store, tools