MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Factory Knife Customization & Mid-Tech Boards > Randall Knives Forum

Randall Knives Forum Discuss Randall Knives

Old 06-22-2005, 07:01 PM
Steel Addict

Guys,

If I remember correctly, this is the week that Cap told me that he was making a trip to Alabama. If so, he probably isn't checking the computer.

Wayne

Old 06-23-2005, 07:56 PM

I'm sorry folks, we'll just have to wait for the Captain to inform us of the lucky winner upon his safe return.

I know I said I know who it is, but I don't really know if I really know, if you know what I mean...

Hang in there, it's still a lot shorter waiting time than if you order from the shop. 8o

David

Old 06-24-2005, 01:51 PM
Skilled

Everyone involved,
I am sorry, but as "Tide" stated, I have been on the road. I did not know that "I" was to declare the winner. I gave the winning number (or should I say: my "pick" out of 100) to the Moderators before I posted the particulars in this thread. Anyway: I am back and agree that it is time to announce the winner! This person should contact me, with regards to payment, and the Randall knife will be shipped out, probably the first week of September, 2005.
O.K. Enough about all of that. My "pick" of numbers was #17. The closest guess was #24 by 2Shot! 2Shot: YOU ARE THE WINNER!!!!!!!! Please email me at captstanaback@aol.com, or call me at: 1-407-436-1113, or fax me at: 1-407-436-1115. I will get all the particulars from you at that time. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! If for any reason you do not want this knife, the next closest guesser will get an oppurtunity to receive it!!
As far as someone stated about the lack of interest in this thread, I must say that, while I did expect more folks posting their guess as to a number, I think that you have to take a look at the "whole picture", with regards to this 7 thread idea. I will let Moosehead "crunch" the numbers for ya', as he has more time to kill than Sadam Hussein waiting for a bail bondsman, but I will bet you the numbers speak for themselves.
In particular, I would like to see the "total number of viewings and posts" for this entire series. I don't have the time to figure it out, but I am sure that, with the exception of the "welcome thread", this series generated more interest, dialogue, and goodwill towards Randall knife collecting and knowledge than all others, and probably all others "combined". I know from folk's comments here, as well as in private emails and phone calls, that most if not all found it very educational. I would have to say upon review that this thread series was a success: Wouldn't you all agree? I am asking: Wouldn't you all agree? Please respond to this question, as it is my desire to "continue" a series somewhat along the lines of the first, but I need your input. Do you think this series, as more similar ones, is a good idea and well-received? Let me, as well as the moderators, know. You can post up right here, if you like!!
Congratulations 2Shot...........Now: Let's hear from ya'll!!!!!! Best for now, Captain Chris Stanaback

Old 06-24-2005, 02:14 PM
Steel Addict

Wahoo!

I just spoke with Capt. Chris, and told him that I Would like the knife! Sorry guys and ladies. Capt. Chris has some more super ideas on knives...that I'm sure we will all enjoy again.

Tonight when I'm on the beat real late, I'll be thinking about how all of you helped build this knife.

Thanks Again!

Kent
Old 06-24-2005, 02:41 PM
Steel Addict

2shot,
Congrats on the winning #!, but is it just me or does this configuration look like the pullout in the RMK catalog? Looks like the knife was picked a few years ago! Funny how some things just stay in your mind and then you just add a few options to make it just a little more personable! Been real interesting reading these posts, and I am looking forward to "meeting" ya'll! ( Ya'll ) See what happens when a Mass. boy marries a Geo. peach!!!!
Old 06-24-2005, 03:13 PM
Skilled

....This series of threads was good for me because it gave me more information and ideas about ordering Randalls. The Randall catalog and online website are great but there is so much more information about options that you have to just pick up from "word of mouth" as you go.
Jeff
Old 06-24-2005, 04:05 PM
Skilled

Congratulations 2Shot!

Kent, I guess you know you owe us a picture of this beauty come September I think you will love this Randall. Like has been said before, how could you go wrong with the centerfold of the catalog with a few touches to personalize it? I'm just downright jealous!

Seussbrother
Old 06-24-2005, 04:34 PM

DW,
Hey bean boy better a "Geo. peach" than a Geo Metro! Sorry guys I couldn't help myself. Dan
Old 06-24-2005, 04:47 PM
Steel Addict

Hey gringo, glad to see you're up from your afternoon nap! Must not have worked too hard to be up so early! Have a great weekend, we'll have to deal with a little whining from the "sugardaddy" come MOANDAY!
Old 06-24-2005, 06:33 PM
Enthusiast

randall knife

Hey Cap this idea of bulding a knife was a good one. I did enjoy it. I think we should do it again. Hey 25 just post some pics when you get it. Well Cap whats next camp, fighter, bowie knife?
Old 06-24-2005, 06:40 PM
Steel Addict

Cap,

You betcha this was a great idea !!!! Thank you for your contribution to the forum and making the knife available with a very short delivery time. I look forward to "building" the next knife on the forum.
Tell us what you have in mind......fighter, survival, bowie........

Thanks again and glad you made it home safely from God's Country (Alabama)

Old 06-24-2005, 06:51 PM

CONGRATULATIONS to Kent for scoring this cool Randall, and MANY THANKS to the Captain for coming up with this initiative. I hope to see more along the same lines.

Now, having way too much time on my hands (NOT!), I spent less than ten minutes tallying up the figures with regard to the "Buildn' a Randall" threads:

The total number of posts was 159, and there were 2,041 views!

(BTW, this information is readily available in the last two columns on the right side of each Randall forum.)

These are impressive results. (Hi to all you lurkers out there!)

To Dirty Water - Aha, I did figure out your handle.

To Ryan - It's hard to keep a good pig sticker down! :cool:

Great stuff!

Moosehead

P.S. Let us know if you think the masochistic, but highly ethical moderators should continue to exclude themselves from future contests.

Old 06-24-2005, 07:12 PM
Enthusiast

Congrats 2Shot. I have to say, I think this was a great thread. I found this place a little late and didn't get in on the project but would absolutly enjoy any future ones. The model 3 happens to be my favorite so I'd say you all did a fine job in choosing the winning configuration. I may just have to order one my self, can't wait to see the pictures.
Old 06-25-2005, 08:06 AM
Skilled

Kent,
....Congratulations!!!!!!
Jeff
Old 06-25-2005, 08:50 AM
Steel Addict

Congratulations 2Shot and thanks for your participation in the forum. I hope that you will enjoy your new knife and that you will share pictures with us when it arrives.

Wayne

Tags
hunting knife, knife, knives