MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > KNet Classifieds :: For-Sale Forums > General ::: Items and Bargains

General ::: Items and Bargains Good deals on useful items for sale by Knife Network members

Old 08-17-2005, 06:46 PM
Hall of Famer

Mesquite burl

Sold, thank you

This irregular shaped block of mesquite wood contains one of the largest and nicest Mesquite burls that I have in my stockpile. Rather than cut it into scales and blocks, I decided to let the purchaser do that, since so much can be done with it. It could be turned into a bowl, 2-3 saucers, several pens, and several sets of knife scales, of course many more scales if for a folder. This is not stabilized. The general concensus is that Mesquite doesn't require it. That being said, I've send a large box of mesquite scales and blocks off to be stabilized, just for those that want it. You can see the size and shape on the lighter side, and on the back side, the color is a rich, dark reddish cherry mahogany color. There is no finish on this block, this is the nautral color, but will turn red if left in the sun, or if a finish is applied. I have several hunderd sets of scales and blocks, and unusual shaped blocks of Mesquite that I'll be showing and selling over the next few months. These will also be on Ebay soon, however I'm saving the most interesting for the knife forum.
Ok, back to this piece. You can see the odd shape, and can tell the size by the tape measure. The thickness is roughly 2 inches. It may vary a tiny bit over or under. The dark patches are just normal characteristics of Mesquite wood.
Price on this one is $35.00, shipping in the States included. No overseas sales yet, but I'm getting there. Paypal or check, but I need to wait for a check to clear, you guys understand. Please email me at rhrocker@hilconet.com if interested in buying this one!
This is the frontside, pretty neat eh?

This is the backside, you can tell that the burl gets smaller the deeper you go

Here's a closeup of the burled area:

Hensarling Custom Knives

Last edited by rhrocker; 08-18-2005 at 08:06 AM.
Old 04-28-2007, 12:10 AM
Enthusiast

nice wood.

Tags
knife