MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > The Sheath/Holster Makers Forum

The Sheath/Holster Makers Forum This is the place to discuss all forms of sheath and holster making.

Old 10-28-2013, 07:27 PM
Enthusiast

a few of my humble submissions.

These are a few of my humble sheaths before I even started blade making hope you enjoy..
dangerous hanger for a puma .
dads big ol bowie.

duck hunters toothpick.
hank III for a good friend.
hank III on my old Shovelhead seat...as always comments welcomed thanks for looking.
Old 10-29-2013, 07:09 AM

Boy, that first one is a bit scary carry! Whole idea of a sheath is to protect the carrier and the blade.

Pretty nice "humble" leather work. Some of your detail carving is very good.
Might recommend a little bit lower hang on those big handle knives, kind of tough on the ribs.

What part of TN?
What kind of knives are you making?

Registered Master Artist - GA Council for the Arts
C Rex Custom Knives

Blade Show Table 6-H
Old 10-29-2013, 09:23 AM
Skilled

WOW Awesome leather work and I really love the Buck sheath as I have two sizes of the Buck knives I love them both. What part of Tennessee do you live ? I would not mind getting together with you some time .

Sam

Live and Let Live , Do Not trespass on Life or Me! As we are not so kind or forgiving !
Old 10-29-2013, 03:31 PM
Skilled

Once again Sanch you have my interest and I need to comment. Excellent leather work, the look I really like. That Puma sheath reminds me of those quick draw IPSC holsters with the cut-out.

I haven't made any sheaths yet, but that will be my winter project, in both leather and kydex. I would love to make a leather solo seat for my Electra Glide. I really like yours! If you are into Shovelheads then you are probably really good with tools and probably turn out some nice blades.

I also plan on making a Bowie fabricated into a shifter linkage for my twin-cam. Never seen one before. Reason to make one. Another winter project. Take care.

Tony Z
Kansas City, MO

"Retreat? Hell, we just got here!"
Captain Lloyd Williams, USMC
Battle Of Belleau Wood June 1918
Old 10-30-2013, 11:50 AM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crex View Post
Boy, that first one is a bit scary carry! Whole idea of a sheath is to protect the carrier and the blade.

Pretty nice "humble" leather work. Some of your detail carving is very good.
Might recommend a little bit lower hang on those big handle knives, kind of tough on the ribs.

What part of TN?
What kind of knives are you making?
Yes I am aware that the puma sheath has a huge safety consideration! I made it for a very close friend who "ordered" it the way it was made!
Addressing the ride height of the two larger knives, they are both"display" pieces the bowie it's older than I am even though it is a foreign make. The tooth pick was a gift from someone to someone (not one of my creations) I do appreciate any constructive criticism thank you! I am currently making EDC fixed blades and
straight razors please look at my gallery.
I am in Clarksville Tennessee
Thanks to all who responded to my post this is a great place I'm glad to be here with you all Sam and Tony thanks for the kind words as well as Crex! Oh yea I forgot to add yes I do own a Shovelhead! FLH kick start only, 5 speed open primary 3" BDL yup she is a old school bobberwith 16" ape hangers..

Last edited by sanch; 10-30-2013 at 02:05 PM.

Tags
awesome, blade, bowie, buck, buck knives, carving, handle, holster, holsters, knife, knives, kydex, leather, leather die, leather tooling, making, project, sheath, sheaths, tanning, toothpick