MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions > The Newbies Arena

The Newbies Arena Are you new to knife making? Here is all the help you will need.

Old 11-22-2011, 09:18 AM
Steel Addict

Alex

Thank You!!

All the pics have been working for me this morning. You did a great job, Thanks for hearing us out.

Guys, we all know computers never make mistakes and a wife is never wrong !

Jeff
Old 11-22-2011, 10:36 AM
Steel Addict

All of them worked this morning except for this one.
by joalexvoss
: Rebuild

But it sounds like when they update again they system will eventually catch them all. I am really glad to see this feature working again. I have seen pics of a knife and when I try to open it to get a better look at all the details of the knife...........well lets just say it is disheartening. I finally decided it had to be a programming error or something of that nature. It didn't make sense someone would post a pic and then deny you access to looking at it!

Thanks to Alex for figuring out what was wrong.

With every custom knife I build I try to accomplish three things. I want that knife to look so good you just have to pick it up, feel so good in your hand you can't wait to try it, and once you use it, you never want to put it down !
If I capture those three factors in each knife I build, I am assured the knife will become a piece that is used and treasured by its owner!

C Craft
Old 11-22-2011, 12:42 PM
Administrator

They were from "banned" users. I found another user in the gallery with the same problem, but I fixed them. We let them out of jail after 1 year.

Alex

[======]~~~~~~~>

Atlantavirtual.com
Atlanta NOC
Old 11-22-2011, 01:25 PM
Steel Addict

Alex all I can say is you seem to have a very good handle on the situation now!

I had to come back and edit this as I just looked a pic that I tried too the other day and was unable to. There is some fantastic work being published on this site!

With every custom knife I build I try to accomplish three things. I want that knife to look so good you just have to pick it up, feel so good in your hand you can't wait to try it, and once you use it, you never want to put it down !
If I capture those three factors in each knife I build, I am assured the knife will become a piece that is used and treasured by its owner!

C Craft

Last edited by C Craft; 11-22-2011 at 01:30 PM.
Old 12-22-2011, 06:57 AM

Here's a little bit of weirdness. I was putting together a reply to this thread stating that whenever I click on an "Attached Thumbnails" link, I get the same message:

R. M. Perkins, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
3. You are registered, but not currently sububscribed for this advanced feature. more info

Log Out Home Subscription

I tried and tried to view a thumbnail, but to no avail. Every single time I clicked one of the "Attached Thumbnails" links, I was getting the same message.

However, while assembling my reply, I clicked the links on the above redirect page for "more info" and "Subscription", and now all of the "Attached Thumbnails" links mysteriously started working.

It's almost as if you have to visit the subscription page for the "Attached Thumbnails" links to work the way that they are supposed to.

I don't know if this makes any sense to you, Alex, or to any of the other mods, but I wanted to toss it out there, just in case it does.

Last edited by R. M. Perkins; 12-22-2011 at 07:45 AM.
Old 12-22-2011, 04:39 PM
Administrator

RM,

I was reading over your shoulder and fixed it while you were typing!

Have you ever heard of a Super Geek?
We have the two next best things...

Magic Geeks and Lucky Geeks!!

Alex

Welcome to the forums. Let me know if you have any more problems.

[======]~~~~~~~>

Atlantavirtual.com
Atlanta NOC
Old 12-22-2011, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNAdmin View Post
RM,

I was reading over your shoulder and fixed it while you were typing!
Oh man, don't say that. I actually started to look behind me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNAdmin View Post
Welcome to the forums. Let me know if you have any more problems.
Thanks, Alex. Will do.

Tags
art, forge, knife, knife making, knifekits.com, knifemaking, knives, newbie, post, software, switchblade