MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions > The Newbies Arena

The Newbies Arena Are you new to knife making? Here is all the help you will need.

Old 11-17-2017, 10:00 AM
Guru

Carpenter's CTS-XHP

hey guys so I am wondering about this CTS-XHP steel made by carpenter. I have seen it a lot lately on folding knives and some tactical fixed blades. Has anyone worked with this steel...I do not plan on buying any of it right this moment but there are a few steels I have been thinking about and I am going to do some research on all of them and then make my decision what would be best in a couple months. I want to spend a decent amount of time on research before I pull the trigger so I figured this steel would be a great spot to start as I have seen this one more and more than any other steel...when I was at the NY knife show last week a huge amount of folders were using this steel. So yes I have looked over the spec sheet but I want to get a "real world" opinion on this steel....So if anyone has used this steel I would like to know what you think everything from performance to how you heat treated it. Even if you haven't made a knife from this steel but maybe have used a knife or this steel your opinion on that would be valuble as well. It seems like one of the most popular steels for folders and tactical so I figured a good steel to check out....another steel I have been thinking about (I haven't even check the spec sheet on this one just know its another popular steel for folders) I am talking about elemax...any one got thoughts on this steel as well? Thanks guys!

Tags
art, bee, blades, fixed, folding, folding knives, heat, knife, knife show, knives, made, make, show, steel, tactical