MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions > The Folding Knife (& Switchblade) Forum

The Folding Knife (& Switchblade) Forum The materials, techniques and the designing of folding knives.

Old 08-27-2014, 12:41 AM

Knifesmith for folder?

Cold Steel TwistMaster and Opinel folding knives kind've seem to fit this forum.

Please identify knifesmith/makers who can repair such twist-to-lock knives. I include in the term "repair" blade replacement.

Old 08-28-2014, 09:58 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Ed Caffrey Send a message via Yahoo to Ed Caffrey
Both of the knives you mentioned are extremely labor intensive to repair....which is why you're not getting many replies. I have "repaired" one of the Opinel folders in the past, and to be honest, it would be far more cost effect to simply purchase a new one. Speaking only for myself, for repair work I charge materials plus $65 per hour.....and for either of those knives you mentioned, you're looking at 3-5 DAYS in labor time to replace a blade. Adds up to a lot of money....which is why most folks just buy a new one.

Caffreyknives@gmail.com

"Every CHOICE has a CONSEQUENCE, and all your CONSEQUENCES are a result of your CHOICES."

Tags
blade, cold, cold steel, folder, folding, knife, knives, lock, materials, repair, steel