MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > The Sheath/Holster Makers Forum

The Sheath/Holster Makers Forum This is the place to discuss all forms of sheath and holster making.

Old 11-15-2013, 05:45 AM
Enthusiast

Ruger BX25 Magazine holder

Well SHootin isn't the big thing it is in the USA and there is no carry for self defence at all etc (unless you're Gov or Criminal) So Ive never done Any mags in the 4-5yrs ive been doing Kydex

this is for a practical shooter doing Mini gun with .22 semi auto (the Only Semi auto we are allowed in UK)

wanted a double holder but i've started with singles they are mounted Bullets up and fwds for best loading speed (plus its a lot easier than down and back due to the shape)

now they still aren't pretty and ive a few ideas to sort that and maybe improve things like reholstering etc plus my belt loops aren't the best and can probably make it a lot narrower

I've done one straight and one curved the straight one can be changed for left hand (swap the loops) the curved one sits better but is left hip only

the entry is throated with a few thicknesses of tape and i've put a tension bolt with a 1/8" rubber silencer this seems to work well.

Mag in curved holster

Mag in straight holster

He was happy with these and wanted a 3rd and i wanted to thin down a bit to take up less belt space so got a tighter rad to get the left Bots closer and used the retention Bolt to mount the right loop

Being narrower it dosnt need ot be bent so can be mounted left or right by switching the loops over
Needs a bit more work ot get a nice outside shape and consistent hole centers 1.2" x 3"

so thats off the to the guy But still want quite happy and did a taco version for a much narrower profile with a 3/8 spacer block this was ok but mounting is difficult with the width and weight of the mag one loop isnt very stable IMO so I set up to move to a flat back this would definitely be handed and not flippable .
using 1/4" spacer board and a shaped bit of 1/8" kydex for the screw clearance channels still needs 3/8" rubber tension spacers

now i can mount on 3 holes and not use the Tension bolts as a mounting bolt as well as this I guess may cause problems if tension needs to be loose etc holes are on 1.5" and 0.75" centers to match std hardware shown with MOLLE lok Gen 3 but will make up a wide belt loop from 1/8" as a std mount
so gives narrow profile tension adjustable wide range of mounts available but not ambifixtrous (new word )
Ive left the back higher to act as a location stop to aid putting the mag in

again just need to work out the Final outside shape so its neat and tidy and easy to repeat
oh and make a lefty version i guess
Old 11-15-2013, 07:47 AM
Enthusiast

I think you're on the right track. From my thermoform experience, magazine pouches are harder than holsters. Those look like rugged and serviceable pouches. I'd use them for sure! They look great! Don't be too hard on yourself. Those are hard to make. I like the attention to detail where your screws all face the same way too... Keep it up!

Old 11-15-2013, 08:03 AM
Skilled

Good, simple design and well executed, you could use a small square of the loop side of adhesive backed Velcro as a cushion inside if you like. That works really well to quite down some if the 'klack' kydex makes when drawing magazines out, and its easy to replace when it wears out.

Nice work FGYT

"We shall walk with a walk that is measured and slow,
And watch where the chalk-white arrows go
To the place where the sidewalk ends." Shel Silverstein
Old 11-15-2013, 10:17 AM
Enthusiast

Cheers Guys

yes i get a bit Anal about screw slots (notice soem in the pics i missed now sorted )
Even my Light switches and power sockets in the house have screw slots vertical

heres a Butler Creek version with a .125" kydex Tunnel belt loop nice n wide for stability

and as this was my first go at mags (came in a few weeks ago ) i got my second done last week which was 20 sets of 2 double mag holders for Glock 17 9mm as a replica from the Dredd Film 2012 I did a load of Holster shells earlier in the year

this was a fun few days

For Judge Party

So now after these 2 jobs im getting the hang of Mag holders
Old 11-15-2013, 09:28 PM
Enthusiast

That Jager holster is flippin SWEET!!!! Put that kit on ebay and you'll have to hire help to keep up with the orders! Tactical hydration all the way!

Old 11-16-2013, 03:17 AM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoDawg View Post
That Jager holster is flippin SWEET!!!! Put that kit on ebay and you'll have to hire help to keep up with the orders! Tactical hydration all the way!
funny enough the Jager 2Cl bottle fits in the Glock 17 mag holder in some weird Austro German standardisation agreement so only had to make the glass holder

Tags
auto, back, bee, block, boltaron, concealex, easy, flat, gun, hand, hardware, holsters, holstex, injection molding, kydex, make, molding, molle, profile, retention, ruger, sheaths, spacer, spacers, thermoform