MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Factory Knife Customization & Mid-Tech Boards > Factory Knife & Mid-Tech Discussion

Factory Knife & Mid-Tech Discussion What's hot in the industry. General information about factory knives and mid-tech knife products are discussed in here. Tips, maintenance and modifications also... come on in!

Old 09-20-2004, 10:42 PM
Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to paradiggum
Swamp Rat folder

Well if you hadn't noticed the Swamp now has the folder for sale. It's a really nice folder. It carries really well. Opens smooth and try as I might I can't get the thing to bind open no matter how hard I flick it open. I've seen many liners lock open if your open it by flipping it open. Not this one. It's bigger than an Active Duty but thin and rides well in the pocket.
I figured not that it's for sale it's OK to post pics. I guess the choil is a little smaller on mine and the clip might now be black where on this one it's uncoated.

Here it is with my brand new Surefire 6P.

Old 09-23-2004, 06:07 PM

I ws really hoping to see a framelock, but everyone sez this is one hell-bent-for-tuff liner-lock. Can't wait to see some actual field reports on the RatTrap -- guess I don't need to carry a Sebbie EVERY day

Mike

Old 09-23-2004, 08:26 PM
Enthusiast

Well to carry this thing EDC it would take some getting used to. Mostly due to size. I've been carrying a Spyderco Delica since 1998 so I'm used to something a lot smaller riding in my pocket.
I've become accustom to something a little more compact. Plus I'm used to tip up carry instead of tip down.
I've only carried this one sporadically since it's a proto. I'll get a production one and give it a spin.
It's a solid liner lock. I've tried to bind it like you can some liners but have yet to be successful. Nice smooth action.
I could get used to it.
I tried a Sebbie at Blade but it didn't do anything for me. Talked to Chris for a few. Nice guy but being a lefty there was only one small sebbie in the case oriented for me.
I like the Delica cause it's small, functional yet if something happens to it I just lost less than $50. Mine has served me very well for many years.
Anymore if I have a heavy duty task for a blade I have an Active Duty or a Rat Shaker on me.

Old 09-24-2004, 11:24 PM

Mike -- could you see carrying the RT, or the mythical busse Folder, in something like this I made a similar one for wetdog too

Mike

Old 09-28-2004, 07:47 PM
Enthusiast

That's a nice looking rig there. I don't think that would be a way I would want to carry a folder though. I prefer fixed blades for belt carry. My only reason for carrying a folder in the first place is so I don't have to hang it on my belt.

Tags
blade, knife