MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Ed Caffrey's Workshop

Ed Caffrey's Workshop Talk to Ed Caffrey ... The Montana Bladesmith! Tips, tricks and more from an ABS Mastersmith.

Old 04-27-2012, 09:49 AM
Enthusiast

So sorry for your loss. You and yours will remain in my heart and prayers.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:10 AM
Master

Ed,

Thanks for keeping us informed. Those mountains around you are a beautiful resting place. Hope things ease back to normal quick as possible.

Craig
Old 04-27-2012, 12:22 PM
Skilled

Sorry for your loss, God keep you all.

Julie

Old 04-27-2012, 01:09 PM
Skilled

Send a message via AIM to boatbuilder
Ed and Cindy
Sorry to hear of the loss of your mother. I'm glad Cindy was able to be there with her in the end.
Take care and give me a call if you need someone to chat with.

Jim
Old 04-27-2012, 04:27 PM
Steel Addict

Sorry to hear this news. I am glad yall could be with her and help her.

Doug Adams
Carrollton, Ga
John 3:16
Old 04-27-2012, 05:20 PM
Skilled

Hi Ed,

Thank you for keeping us all informed. Please convey our sincerest condolences to the whole Caffrey clan, especially to dear Cindy. It was so good that Cindy could be there when her mom passed.

Kind regards,
Dana and Sandy
Old 04-27-2012, 05:48 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Ed Caffrey Send a message via Yahoo to Ed Caffrey
Hi Everyone!

It's been another long day here. Cindy and I went to the funeral home at 1pm and finalized all the arrangements for Mom. She'll be cremated, and the weekend of May 18th, Cindy's older sister Shelia will be coming out from Kentucky. We are planning to take her ashes to the mountains and spread them there.

I think Cindy is just running on adrenalin right now (and I know I am).....neither of us has gotten more than 4-5 hours sleep each night over the last week+....... I always liked to think of myself as being a "strong person", but she is simply my hero. I just can't express my admiration and love for this Lady! I gotta tell ya, after 3 days of 18+ hours a day, I was just flat running out of steam. Cindy just keeps on going, with never a complaint, doing what needs to be done. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful woman, of such strong character by my side.

Following our trip to the funeral home, I had an appointment with an oncologist about my latest CAT scan. In that scan they found a 1/2 dozen "spots" scattered around my lungs. The Doc sat down an compared this scan to the last, going over it frame by frame with us. What he found odd is that a couple of the spots appeared in the last scan, and then disappeared in the most recent scan. He basically said he was stumped, but he agreed with the referring Doc's assessment, that he did not think it was something to be alarmed about. He did a full blood work up on me, and I have a follow up on 11 May. I got a little spooked when he said we need to do another "resection". Last time we did that, it was one of the worst experiences I'd ever been through, and it knocked me out of the shop for 8 weeks.

He found one of the "spots" that is right on the edge of my left lung, and said that if we go for that one, it could likely be done with the "scope", which would be far less invasive than spreading my ribs and hacking a chunk out. If we gotta do it, I'd much rather go that route!

He also asked the question about me having served in the military in various overseas locations....and when I told him where I'd been, he just kinda shook his head, and didn't really say much. I got the distinct impression that because of all the various regions of the world I have been in, that this could be any number of things coming back to haunt me. My mind went directly to the time I came off a military transport plane in the middle east, and waiting for me were Med-techs, giving shots that they would not identify, and were only identified on my shot records with a series of numbers and the letters "A" and "B". To this day I've never been able to identify those shots.....I can remember asking one of them at the time..... "is this gona make me grow a third eyeball?"
Anyway, looks like there will a biopsy scheduled in my near future.....guess whatever way it goes, it's best to find out early exactly what we're dealing with.

Again, both Cindy and I thank everyone for your prayers and well wishes throughout our situation(s)..... All of the support you folks have shown only serves to re-enforce what the tag line in my signature block says......Nobody cares what you know.....Until they know you care! God bless you all....your very much loved and appreciated by the Caffreys!

Caffreyknives@gmail.com

"Every CHOICE has a CONSEQUENCE, and all your CONSEQUENCES are a result of your CHOICES."

Last edited by Ed Caffrey; 04-27-2012 at 08:39 PM.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:59 PM
Steel Addict

So sorry, Ed. But so glad your mother-in-law was able to be with her family at the end. Will keep praying, hope your tests all go well.

Jeremy
Old 04-27-2012, 11:31 PM
Skilled

Ed, I too am glad to hear Cindy was able to be there. When My dad went I think we missed his passing by mere seconds. It will haunt me till we meet again. Hope your biopsy comes out ok. Glad I never had to do much more than the standard shots. hated it when they just said report and we had to say aye eye. Take care and try to get some rest.

Chuck Richards ABS J.S.
Old 04-29-2012, 07:04 PM
Steel Addict

Ed, have been away from the puter for three days and just saw your post about your loss. I am sorry to hear about your loss. Prayers sent for you and Cindy. Hope everything turns out negative on the biopsy.

Tags
advice, blade, cancer, edge, knife, knives, leather, military, post