MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Knife Organizations and Club Boards > Georgia Knifemaker's Guild

Georgia Knifemaker's Guild The Georgia Knifemaker's Guild. Furthering and fostering the passion of knives, knifemaking, and related interests

Old 06-04-2008, 05:48 AM

Summer Guild Meeting

After a good bit of date juggling and such, we have arrived with a place and date for the summer Guild meeting.

It will be hosted by Scott Davidson at his Solid Rock Knife Shop in Alto, GA on August 16th.
Most of you know the way, those that don't may contact Scott via PM for directions.

There will be several items of important business that you won't want to miss out on. We are setting up some interesting demos that can be done inside Scott's airconditioned shop.

Please be curteous and let Scott know you are coming so he can plan lunch (always good). Hosting a meeting is quite a bit of unseen work (not to mention the dreaded shop cleaning).
Our website is having ongoing difficulties so don't look for a posting there unless things change.

If you have any other questions about the meeting, you may contact either Scott or me via PM here and we will get back to you.

For you Lurkers and Non-guild members - We are an open group and would love to have you visit one of our meetings and see what we are about and how we can benefit you and you can benefit others.

Registered Master Artist - GA Council for the Arts
C Rex Custom Knives

Blade Show Table 6-H
Old 06-10-2008, 11:00 AM
Steel Addict

aww man, that's the same day that i am having the Alex Bealer Blacksmith's to my shop.....

phooey

Georgia Knifemakers Guild
ABS Apprentice

"Wisdom and Experience are built from bricks made from the mud of Failure" Dr Mike Blue
Old 06-11-2008, 05:45 AM

Stephan, tough break. I know you ABB guys will have a good time anyway. Just not enough days in the year for the good stuff. Way too many for the bad!
I have always enjoyed your ABB gatherings I've been fortunate to attend. Great group of folks (even if they don't all make knives).

C Rex Custom Knives

Blade Show Table 6-H
Old 07-14-2008, 06:32 AM

Just bringing things current.
Have heard from a few of you on attending the meeting at Scott's shop. I hope the rest of you guys are letting him know you are coming so he can plan. Lot of work to host these meetings so please be considerate. The "Alto Shank Gang" will be meeting on Friday afternoon to talk forges and play with fire for you die-hard runamuck Hammerheads.

I believe brother Wayne Hensley is going to give us some instruction on "Folder Technology" and we will have some interactive discussion on "Forges - Safety, Do's, Don'ts, Fine-tuning, and Trouble shooting" as well as the usual program.
Please bring some of your latest work to show and any projects you might be working on.
Remember to bring something for the ITH.
See everyone there.

C Rex Custom Knives

Blade Show Table 6-H
Old 07-14-2008, 04:49 PM
Enthusiast

see you there george
Old 07-15-2008, 10:16 AM

Location: Portal, GA - If you know where it is, you probably got a speeding ticket.
Send a message via AIM to Jamey Saunders Send a message via MSN to Jamey Saunders Send a message via Yahoo to Jamey Saunders
I'll be there...

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of them." --John Wayne, in The Shootist
Old 07-15-2008, 09:21 PM
Steel Addict

I made a " baby forge " , and fired it off tonite , and we still have a place to meet in Aug . I did'nt blow it up . Now i just need to follow Carl around and see where he gets his goodies from .
Thanks Carl for all the info . on the forge . SCOTT

Old 07-15-2008, 10:27 PM
Skilled

Charlie and I are planning on being there. Might have to go to the Bank and take out a loan for the gas but we will be there.

Old 07-16-2008, 12:55 AM

Unhappy

If The doc gives me driving privileges, I'll be there with Avery. Shoulder surgery could not be put off any longer. Dr. Phillips said he'd let me know when I can drive AFTER 3 weeks of PT. Seems I let this go a little to long.

Old 07-16-2008, 06:00 AM

Mrs. Joan, don't take any risk. We all want you to heal up well. Sure be nice when Avery gets old enough to drive Miss Daisy! Besides, if you let the shoulder heal up right I got a nice forging hammer you can use for therapy at Trackrock!
You're always welcome Scott. Now we just got to fire that puppy up for some real testing.

C Rex Custom Knives

Blade Show Table 6-H
Old 07-18-2008, 07:54 AM

Several of our Columbus gang are coming up. Get the jury ready (no ropes, please); I'm bring some work to try to actually join the GCKG.

Looking forward to seeing everyone, again. Dave Roberts
Old 08-06-2008, 03:57 PM
Skilled

I hope that everybody is letting Scott know if they are going to be at the meeting. We will be auctioning off a knife by Cary Quinn for the John Poythress Scholar Ship at this meeting. I will try to post a picture in the next day or so. It is a great little cutter and someone is going to be very happy at the end of the day. Don't forget to bring something for the "iron in the hat". It is how we pay for the lunch. There are a couple of good demonstrations being put on by Carl and Wayne that you don't want to miss. Hope to see everyone there.

Old 08-07-2008, 08:20 AM
Skilled

I'll be there
jc

GEORGIA CUSTOM KNIFEMAKERS GUILD / CHARTER MEMBER
Old 08-07-2008, 11:17 AM
Steel Addict

I got your name down John , looks like we will have a good air condition place to eat this time instead of eating on the front porch , and plenty of sit down room , cold drinks , good food , and good fellowship with other knifemakers . So far there will be about 15 of us at the meeting . Let me know if you have not already done so . Thank you , SCOTT

Old 08-08-2008, 08:23 AM

Location: Portal, GA - If you know where it is, you probably got a speeding ticket.
Send a message via AIM to Jamey Saunders Send a message via MSN to Jamey Saunders Send a message via Yahoo to Jamey Saunders
The directions are now available. Just send a blank email to meetings {at} georgiaknifemakersguild {dot} com and the autoresponder will send you back the directions. Just format that address like a normal email address. Just trying to keep the spambots from picking that address up.

BTW Scott, I'll be there too.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of them." --John Wayne, in The Shootist

Tags
forge, forging, knife, knives