MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Factory Knife Customization & Mid-Tech Boards > Factory Knife & Mid-Tech Discussion

Factory Knife & Mid-Tech Discussion What's hot in the industry. General information about factory knives and mid-tech knife products are discussed in here. Tips, maintenance and modifications also... come on in!

Old 11-08-2010, 10:26 AM
Administrator

Question on Microtech Troodon OTF

I just purchased a collection of rare and special issue production switchblade knives from a very reputable collector. One of the knives has a mistake on the clip, where the wrong grind model was laser etched on it. Because this knife is part of a numbered first production run, I was concerned that it might cause a problem in valuation of the knife. I had first suspected monkey business, but knowing the collector personally, and the original dealer's incredible reputation (both names withheld), I would never suspect foul play.

I've written Microtech support to request that the knife be confirmed, but haven't heard back. The story that I've been told by both the dealer and collector is that it wasn't uncommon for numbered runs to include upgrade model units (double-grind/serrated) with the standard numbered clip from the special limited run series.

This knife is a double-edge (D/E), but is marked single edge (S/E)

Is this possible, or can any of our microtech fans add to the mystery here?

One thing is for sure, this is a bad-a$$ knife!!!
(If anyone thinks the USA can't manufacture precision goods any more, they haven't seen a Microtech OTF. Well done, fellas!)

[======]~~~~~~~>

Atlantavirtual.com
Atlanta NOC
Old 11-23-2010, 03:02 PM
Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to LaBella Send a message via MSN to LaBella Send a message via Yahoo to LaBella
Typical for Microtech, sad to say. When they do it, they do IT oh-so-well.

Tags
awesome, knife, knives, switchblade