MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Factory Knife Customization & Mid-Tech Boards > Factory Knife & Mid-Tech Discussion

Factory Knife & Mid-Tech Discussion What's hot in the industry. General information about factory knives and mid-tech knife products are discussed in here. Tips, maintenance and modifications also... come on in!

Old 10-05-2004, 02:08 PM
Registered

First Boker

Nothing here so I thought maybe I would start a thread...

What was the first Boker you owned? When?

The first knife I ever bought was a Boker Tree Brand stockman I bought from another kid on the school bus (yes, back then we took knives to school) when I was about ten years old. It was well used. The blades were filed down to where they were almost spears. I think I paid two dollars for it. I carried it all the way through school until I joined the Marine Corps. Then it disappeared while I was at boot camp. To be honest I didn't miss it. But it does have a special place in my memory as the first knife I paid for myself. My first knife was a cub scout knife my Dad bought for me. I lost it a few weeks later.
Old 10-26-2004, 06:48 PM

My first Boker plus

Thanks for starting something on this page.
My first Boker was a red bone handled folding hunter (?) that I saw in a hardware store window in Austria when I was on vacation many years ago. I fell in love with the red bone and the size was just right, except the width. It was just too wide for my everyday use.
Later I bought the titanium handled knife with 440c blade and it won't wear out or break so I'm still carrying it. Truthfully I'm getting a little bored with it but still a great knife. Certainly the best I've used (maybe not owned).
I noticed recently that a really beat up double blade knife that I have in my shop is a Boker. It was so covered with glue etc I didn't know what brand it was, just that it had servived many years and terrible abuse. My one question about this knife is, now that I know it's a Boker, do I have to take better care of it?
Thaks again for starting this thread.
Old 10-29-2004, 03:51 PM
Registered

Glad to meet you rckendall. I was beginning to think no one visited here.

Funny thing is for a couple years I thought my first Boker was an Old Timer. Someone told me that was what it was and I took their word. I later realized that Old Timers were a Schrade brand. But I was a kid then. I had never heard of Boker at the time.

Currently I only own one Boker. A Bone Handled Barlow with carbon steel blades. I really like it. Beautiful knife.

I'd post a photo of it if I could ever figger out how.
Old 11-05-2004, 10:25 PM
Registered

Lightbulb AK74 Boker is the way to go!

My first Boker was a Top Lock, Serrated w/black inserts. Presently, I am crazy about the Boker AK74 (green model). Very nice, real cool knife!
Old 11-09-2004, 09:58 PM

boker

Hi alll.my first boker was one i got about ten years ago from my father its a 2000 440 c
lock blade
Old 09-30-2006, 12:54 AM

Don't know if anyone still checks here. If so, I could use some help. My first Boker is a beautiful knife but can't find it on Boker's site and has no marks that I can use for I.D.-- 3" drop spear-point blade which reads 'Boker Solingen 440C . Germany LTD 1 of 999'. The linerkock has number 352 on it, making the knife # 352 in the run, I presume. Titanium handles tooled with three circles on each side and a pretty blue frost on inside of handle and in hole walls. Anyone out there?
Old 10-06-2006, 12:54 AM

Smile Soon, I hope

My first Boker was just ordered Monday night. A Tree Brand double shield canoe with red jigged bone handles. I just couldn't resist. This will probably be the one (first at least) that I will never use. A real collector.
Old 11-09-2006, 10:21 PM

I like them all, The Boker Magnums are a good buy for the money.
right now I carry the Boker Magnum KALS 74. My next shipment of Bokers should be in on Monday. I may also keep a KALS 74DES. I do have then loaded. They are very impressive. Good quality no woble and the AUS-8 holds an edge.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg KALS 74.jpg (20.9 KB, 22 views)
Old 01-24-2007, 06:23 PM
Steel Addict

Just received my first 2 Bokers on Monday.

Carbon steel Grand Canyon scales, Copperhead and Medium Congress. Beautiful knives, both. The pictures on the internet do not do them justice. The < BOKER > engraving on the main blades are very sensible and understated.

The Copperhead is definitely going to be a user.

The Congress is solid, packed with very sharp half stopped blades.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:33 PM
Registered

Oldsteel, I assume you are talking about the "Tang Stamp Series" when you say double shield they are a real nice knife. Good luck acquiring the complete set, it took me about 2 1/2 yrs. to complete mine in stag.
My first Boker was 20 some year's ago, it was a Cabela's fixed blade hunting knife that I still use today. I have only seen two other's like it and they were listed as "European" model's.
I now have about 20 Boker's and like them all
Old 03-11-2008, 03:40 PM
Enthusiast

Seems like I had a Boker that I carried in high school. Does the term "Sod Buster" ring a bell to any of you collectors? I wish I still had that knike. It was about 4" heavy blade with wooden scales. Anyone remember those?

Old 04-23-2008, 08:01 PM

I got a cheap Boker Kalashnikov conversion, its had a lot of work box opening. I like the size and seems sturdy enough, had to adjust the spring a bit, but after I got it right its had no problems. Because its cheap I dont worry about hitting the odd staple, hasnt happened yet but will sometime.
Old 04-08-2011, 10:05 AM

Guess you guys went off Bokers.

My first boker was an automatic bought in France about twenty years ago.

http://s508.photobucket.com/albums/s...ppychap/Boker/

For some reason it was too nice to carry and I always had a jobbing blade that I was not

as timid about using.

I have always, well forty five years, collected knives and this one fell between the cracks.
Old 12-02-2014, 11:41 PM

Does anyone have any recommendations for any fixed, full tang blades that are under 4" by Boker?
And does anyone have the Boker Colubris?

Looking for a good manufactured knife so I don't have to give a 1k handmedown for Christmas.

Twitter: Elliot Fox @ VulpiniKnives
Old 10-17-2018, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapCase View Post
Nothing here so I thought maybe I would start a thread...

What was the first Boker you owned? When?

The first knife I ever bought was a Boker Tree Brand stockman I bought from another kid on the school bus (yes, back then we took knives to school) when I was about ten years old. It was well used. The blades were filed down to where they were almost spears. I think I paid two dollars for it. I carried it all the way through school until I joined the Marine Corps. Then it disappeared while I was at boot camp. To be honest I didn't miss it. But it does have a special place in my memory as the first knife I paid for myself. My first knife was a cub scout knife my Dad bought for me. I lost it a few weeks later.
My first Boker was a Top Lock, Serrated w/dark additions. By and by, I am wild about the Boker AK74 (green model). Extremely pleasant, genuine cool blade

Tags
art, back, blade, blades, boker, boot, brand, chris, christmas, first knife, fixed, fixed blade, full tang, hunting knife, knife, knives, lock, serrated, special, switchblade, tang