MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Factory Knife Customization & Mid-Tech Boards > Factory Knife & Mid-Tech Discussion

Factory Knife & Mid-Tech Discussion What's hot in the industry. General information about factory knives and mid-tech knife products are discussed in here. Tips, maintenance and modifications also... come on in!

Old 02-14-2009, 05:34 AM
Registered

Cheap yet good Knife from BG

Sharp Tactical Folding Pocket Knife

Budgetgadgets is a fairly new company that takes operates in the free delivery market.

The item that I will be reviewing today is a knife, folding release, of reasonable size. When closed it measures approx. 5 inches, when opened it is about 8. The knife is completely made out of stainless metal, and the actual blade is coated in a black substance, for a sleek look. There is a very narrow slice of uncoated metal, which is the actual edge of the blade. The coating has the same colour as the handle. The blade has a proper thickness, and is rigid.

Now for the actual review.

I will judge the blade on several fronts: Construction quality, appearance, ease of handling and cutting abilities.

Construction quality
As soon as you get a hold of this knife it feels very sturdy, and has a nice complete finished look. The coating on the blade is nice and even without imperfections. Opening the knife is very smooth, and the locking system works very well. All is operated by one hand easily. Only downside is that is isn?t locked when closed. This doesn?t bother me though; as I keep it in the pouch that it came with when not in use. There is no wiggle room between the blade and the handle.

Appearance
It?s a matter of taste, but as far as I?m concerned it looks great. The knife is entirely made out of good materials, which make it look valuable. The unpainted metal parts are partially brushed, and the black handle had a nice textured surface which looks sturdy.

Ease of use
As I said before, the knife is easily operated with one hand. Considering the handle of the blade is slightly larger than usual, this knife is operated by larger hands than average ones easily. It?s also able to transfer more force to the blade by having a larger handle.

Cutting abilities
This is what it?s al about in the end, how well does it cut. A test with a piece of paper works flawless, the knife just glides right through without ripping the paper, and leaves a very clean cut. Plastic is cut with ease to, all on factory sharpness.
Cutting fruits is somewhat harder, considering the increasing thickness of the blade, meat on the other hand is very easy to cut.

Overall score
A knife that offers outstanding value for a small price. For only 7,64$ including shipping this knife comes to your home.
Grade: 9,5/10

http://www.budgetgadgets.com/sharp-t...fe-p-2834.html
Old 03-15-2017, 10:58 PM

How can you actually tell a good knife from a bad knife? the quality etc?

Tags
blade, knife, knives, liner lock