MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Factory Knife Customization & Mid-Tech Boards > Randall Knives Forum

Randall Knives Forum Discuss Randall Knives

Old 05-10-2017, 02:09 PM
Skilled

I certainly don't have anything to add to this post, but Jack, I have to say, as it's been mentioned before, you are an incredible asset to this community, and have been of great assistance to many of us with our collections.
You are like a hungry dog on a steak bone. Nothing left on it when you're done picking over it! Very thorough in every instance. You rarely miss your mark.
Thanks again, Sam

PS) it has been one busy spring with work and family functions out of state, I hope to be more involved in these threads again, plus I changed phones, and it took me a minute to figure out my password again.
David, you may have received a request to reset my password a day or two ago, obviously disregard that.
Thanks, Sam
Old 03-19-2019, 07:51 PM
Skilled

Upon researching the Astronaut knives, I stumbled on to a sheath that I'm not sure is a Randall sheath. It has a mod 15/17/18 lower rivet configuration, but it has what looks like a mod 14 length with extra rivets. Also the stone pouch is longer, and it's hard to tell, but it looks like a baby dot stone pouch snap. Anyone have any ideas what this sheath may be?
It's from a 1960 photo of Astronaut Mercury training photo.

Old 03-19-2019, 08:46 PM
Steel Addict

Location: Northwest Mississippi just south of Memphis and close to God's Country...Ole Miss.
Probably went to Randall or Moore or maybe Johnson and asked for a really strong sheath. Great picture.
Ronnie

Tags
back, bee, clean, easy, hand, handle, interesting, knife, knives, lanyard, leather, military, package, photo, pocket, post, randall, retention, sheath, sheaths, stone, strap, wrap