MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Factory Knife Customization & Mid-Tech Boards > Randall Knives Forum

Randall Knives Forum Discuss Randall Knives

Old 10-18-2017, 07:24 PM
Skilled

Just when you thought the fakes could get any worse...

It's been kind of slow over here, and thought you guys could use a good laugh...did you hear the one about...read the description below.

Ok, Randall fakes have been with us for awhile, but this one...... I'm speechless!
The sheath though, Stockman? Mosser?

Ebay item #132367996515

The sellers description.

Randall presented one of the first knives to his Son-in-Law over 50years ago. This is the Story behind this knife.
*I DO NOT HAVE ANY DOCUMENTS TO PROF THAT*
Only the pictures of Great similitud to Randall's Knives. Please bid only if you feel confident that this one is a Randall Knife.
*I WONT ACCEPT RETURNS.*
Please contact me if you have any questions. Thank You for watching this item.

Old 10-18-2017, 07:55 PM
Skilled

How did this one escape the museum?
Old 10-18-2017, 08:35 PM
Skilled

Given the magnitude of fakery in the knife, why would anyone consider the sheath, with its horrendous stitching to be real? It isn?t, no Stickman, no Mosser, no anything....just fake from Germany. I recommend not bidding thinking you might get a real old sheath.
Old 10-19-2017, 07:03 AM

Where did you get this. Great condition
Old 10-19-2017, 09:39 AM
Skilled

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaHo View Post
Where did you get this. Great condition
If you can't live without it, it's posted on eBay for sale! Good Luck!
Old 10-19-2017, 02:58 PM
Skilled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ta2bill View Post
How did this one escape the museum?
Bill, that's hilarious!!

There are 2 bids on this mess, and I can't help but believe they are in cahoots with the seller...how can anyone possibly think....
Then there is the other listing asking for 50k for 5 Bowie's that he just lists pictures out of a book because..."Due to the extreme fine condition of these fine knives, and in order to try to handle them as little as possible, I have opted to only show photographs that appears in a Randall book."
Item # 122760047014
You just can't make this stuff up.
Old 10-19-2017, 04:46 PM
Skilled

Quote:
Originally Posted by samg View Post
Bill, that's hilarious!!

There are 2 bids on this mess, and I can't help but believe they are in cahoots with the seller...how can anyone possibly think....
Then there is the other listing asking for 50k for 5 Bowie's that he just lists pictures out of a book because..."Due to the extreme fine condition of these fine knives, and in order to try to handle them as little as possible, I have opted to only show photographs that appears in a Randall book."
Item # 122760047014
You just can't make this stuff up.

Those "Too valuable to handle" knives belong to our revered Dominique Beaucant! lol
Old 10-19-2017, 06:31 PM
Skilled

No disrespect to him...but if you ask him an innocent but pointed question about those knives you will probably receive an ?interesting? reply. He advertised a knife a few years ago that was supposed to be ?identical? to Gen. Westmoreland?s. But it wasn?t even close, everything wrong, even had a black sheath which he claimed was authentic. I was called some odd names when I questioned his facts and was told he would never sell anything to me. Hummmm
Old 10-19-2017, 07:11 PM
Skilled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknola View Post
No disrespect to him...but if you ask him an innocent but pointed question about those knives you will probably receive an ?interesting? reply. He advertised a knife a few years ago that was supposed to be ?identical? to Gen. Westmoreland?s. But it wasn?t even close, everything wrong, even had a black sheath which he claimed was authentic. I was called some odd names when I questioned his facts and was told he would never sell anything to me. Hummmm

Dominique was the resident expert, before there were 1000 experts. He was a regular contributor to Rhett's club newsletter, when they were information and interesting.

He also wrote "The Randall Saga" which was the FIRST reference book on the subject.

Having said that, you are 100% correct about challenging his authority! You will get called every name in the book, and some that are not even IN the book! lol But it seems like there are a lot of hotheads in this small community. Too many big fish in this small pond for me.....That's why I have chosen to limit my posts to this site and my own Randall facebook pages.

Keep up the good work Brother Jack!

Tags
bee, book, bowie, for sale, germany, handle, knife, knives, make, question, randall, reference, sale, sell, sheath, show, small