MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions > Fine Embellishment

Fine Embellishment Everything from hand engraving and scrimshaw to filework and carving. The fine art end of the knifemaker's craft.

Old 11-21-2010, 01:39 AM
Enthusiast

Teaching color bulino engraving

I am looking for 3 top bulino engravers to teach my full color techniques to in the near future.
We will be doing a tiger head about 1" around with an open roaring mouth so we can color the tongue also. You will do this engraving at your studio leaving no shading in the white areas, just the tawny brown and black stripes. There should be no areas that do not have any dot shading in them again except the pure white ares which we will shade and color lastly.
After you have your piece ready to start learning the coloring you will need to come to my studio in Olathe, Kansas for several days as I show you the masking and coloring techniques and we will finish the white areas last. If you wish to put a portion of a nude woman with the tiger feel free to do so and we will color her also. Maybe morph her into the tiger and give her some black stripes around the face and shoulders.
I think this is a very photorealistic bulino technique and it is time for me to share it before I cant teach or do it any more or die first. I dont want this hard earned technique lost to the engraving world.
Those that meet the requirements and want to learn for a reasonable fee, email me at
hermanknives@gmail.com. Thank you and hope to here from some great engravers soon.

I am happy to have helped two wonderful artists, Montejano, and Jean-Christophe of Spain. I havent seen any work in color from them yet but am waiting to see what amazing things they do with the techniques. Any questions I m happy to answer at this time.

Tim

Last edited by Herman Knives; 12-20-2011 at 03:45 AM.

Tags
knives, teach