MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > KNet Classifieds :: For-Sale Forums > General ::: Items and Bargains

General ::: Items and Bargains Good deals on useful items for sale by Knife Network members

Old 02-23-2015, 07:03 PM
Registered

For Sale: Counterfeiting Antique Cutlery Signed, Limited 1st Edition $195

I have for sale a hardback copy of Counterfeiting Antique Cutlery by Gerald Witcher. The book is in like new condition. It is a Signed, 1st Edition and is number 8 of 500 copies printed. It contains 512 pages of text and black/white photographs. It includes the following chapters:

Discussion about Counterfeiting
Origin of Junk Knives
The Knife Evaluation Process
Case Family Tang Stamps
Individual Knife Critiques
Fixed-Blade Knives
Tips for Case Collectors
Tips for Remington Collectors

"Like many collectors, my first few purchases included knives that were not authentic. In addition to being angry over being defrauded, I was tempted to give up and get out of the knife business. I have since found this to be a common occurrence with most new collectors. Instead of getting out of knife collecting, I decided to do something about being taken advantage of and learn as much as I could about counterfeiting. I began to ask a lot of knowledgeable people questions - a lot of questions. In fact, I found other dealers and collectors were just as concerned about counterfeiting as I was. After almost five years of research, I am convinced the best defense against counterfeiting is knowledge. This book is my way of passing on the help and years of experience others have shared with me. - Gerald Witcher"

Price: $195.00 / Free Shipping / I only accept Paypal.

Tags
antique, blade, book, case, collecting, common, cutlery, for sale, knife, reference, remington, sale, tang, white