MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions > The Newbies Arena

The Newbies Arena Are you new to knife making? Here is all the help you will need.

Old 10-19-2017, 05:45 AM
Guru

Esentially that surface grinder you just threw the link up of is a knock off of the surface grinder attachment that travis wuertz makes....I have it he makes it with different tooling arms to fit different grinders in my case it fits my KMG I think he also makes a are for a bader and of corse it will fit the 2x72 grinder he makes called the TW90....the one trazis makes the table is longer than 12 in as in this one. somewhere around 18 in I think. His also has a dial caliper attached for doing precision grinds and yes you can do tapers on the tang or even distal tapers in a snap and they come out perfect everytime....he even has a few videos showing how he uses it to create bevels on the knife as long as the knife is somewhat straight (not to much belly) I find this thing SUPER versatile. Put it this way I can use it to precision grind my folder blades so they are exactly how thick I want them and both sides are perfectly parallel Then I can also take a huge Damascus billet and use it to clean up the billet and flatten everything out.....I love this thing so much and the workmanship he does is above and beyond. I decided I wanted a horizontal grinder his TW90 grinder is both vertical and horizontal instead of buying just a horizontal grinder that would of cost a lot less I decided to spend the extra 1000 and get the tw90 it has every possible attachment you can think of and some you cant and if it is made with as much quality of the surface grinder I am sure I will be very happy he has a lot of videos on his site about the surface grinder and a lot of videos on you tube about the grinder just search travis weurtz.....cant wait for the new grinder 4-6 weeks wait time I will say the link you put up CBSMITH is a good deal cheaper than the one trazis makes so I would be curious if anyone gets one how easy it is to hook up a dial caliper to it...for me that is key when doing folder blades. I would like to see how it stands up it is 1000$ cheaper so I am sure you will have some adjusting and customizing like the dial caliper but would be curious how it stands up! for the me like I said dial helps with folders the extra long table helps with Damascus billtes so....

Tags
2x72, bee, blade, blade show, burr king, card, case, custom, design, grinder, hand, home, iron, kmg, knife, made, make, makers, motor, noob, nylon, sell, show, video, weld