MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions > The Newbies Arena

The Newbies Arena Are you new to knife making? Here is all the help you will need.

Old 06-02-2017, 03:19 PM
Guru

work sharp??

Hey guys so I was at the show today. A lot of people were buying one of the work sharp sharpeners they had both the regular version and a "ken onion" version So I am curious has anyone used any of these are they any good. I always thought of it as bit of a gimic for someone that wants to use a grinder to sharpen but doesn't have the cash for a real grind er so they have a "mini" belt grinder to sharpen. I am just wondering if they are actually any good? I picked up a new diamond flat stone I also sharpen on my grinder and I have a electric sharpener and the edge pro (oh yeh there were like 3 different companies ripping off the edge pro like I mean the exact same thing) Anway I have use many things over the years even before I started making knives I was always trying out new sharpeners wondering if this thing is worth the time?
Old 06-02-2017, 03:36 PM
Guru

With what you already have I wouldn't worry about it Dave.

Old 06-02-2017, 05:01 PM
Guru

Jim that's what I was thinking.....but finding new ways to sharpen has always been a thing of mine. WAY before I started making knives I was playing with different ways to sharpen. I listed a few above but trust me that is a fraction of the stuff I have tried over the years. its one of the first things that got me interested in knives....lets just say its a hard habit to kick hey no big ive kicked habits before lol

Tags
bee, belt, blade, diamond, edge, electric sharpener, flat, grinder, knives, making, sharp, show, stone