MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Factory Knife Customization & Mid-Tech Boards > Randall Knives Forum

Randall Knives Forum Discuss Randall Knives

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2005, 08:04 AM

Welcome Patrick James - Thread Moved

partrickjames posted on August 6, 2005 - 11:17pm

Questions from a newbie

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,
My name is Pat and I'm new to Randalls and knives for that matter. It all started in February and I went to a knife show with a friend of mine and got the bug to buy knives. I always liked knives, but never knew much about them --had the same 2 to 3 for the last 30 years. Randalls have always had a certain mystique to me, so I started buying them. I have a pretty successful business in California and certain amount of expendable income (the kids moved out and the dog died), but I don't want to be stupid. I've bought almost 30 Randalls off of eBay since February. I really don't have any idea what I'm doing. I just like the way they look and tell myself they're an investment for the future. But...my wife is starting to not buy into it and I don't want to get one used on me. I say I'm not going to buy any more, but every time I go to eBay I do.
I guess my question is: are they really going to go up in value or is the market going to get saturated? I hope this doesn't sound like "Knives Anonymous", but any advice on what I should buy would be appreciated.
Second question--Why do some of the blades have FL and others have FLA stamped as a abb. for Florida?

Thanks for your time,
Pat

Hi Pat!

Welcome to the Knife Network!

I hope we will be able to help you cope with your new addiction to Randall Made Knives. It sounds like you have got the bug badly (or goodly).

Since the Randall Gallery forum is reserved for member's pictures of the objects of their addiction, I have moved your thread over to the regular Randall forum for discussion and therapy. You should receive the answer to all of your concerns and questions over there. Thanks for your understanding!

Cheers!

David

Last edited by Moosehead; 08-08-2005 at 09:56 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
knife, knives