MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Tool Time

Tool Time Let's talk shop. Equipment, Tips & Tricks, Safety issues - Post it here.

Old 10-12-2006, 10:21 PM
Steel Addict

Unhappy Knife shop for sale in WA

MODS: if this is in the wrong place, please move it. Thanks!

To all my friends here at the Knife Network, it is with mixed emotions that I put my knife making tools up for sale.

When I got out of the Navy, and shortly before I married my wife, I was trying to decide if I wanted to buy a sailboat to move onto, or to buy a house. My wife didn't see the draw to living on a boat, so we went the other direction. After some recent events, we have both decided that we are going to try the road less travelled so to speak. This is something that I've dreamed for for over a decade and it now looks like it is going to happen. However, a boat and a smithy just don't mix. I don't really want to pay for storage for everything, and I'm hoping that this will be a blessing to someone that wants to get started in a big way.

On my website I have a page that describes what is included in the sale. I would really like to sell the entire set up to a single buyer. Piecing it out would be very time consuming and I've already got enough to take care of.

I'm asking $6000 for the entire shop. This includes a working hydraulic press, multiple forges, a post anvil, a post vise, arc welder, drill presses, steel and many other items. These will need to be picked up at my place in Vancouver, WA.

Please go to www.mjrmetalworks.com for details. Pictures will be posted in the next day or two.

If anyone has any questions, please email me.

Thank you everyone here for all of your help, friendship and support over the last few years. This has been the only difficult part of making the move onto the sailboat. I do hope to continue seeing you at the shows and here online.

- Mike

Old 10-12-2006, 10:56 PM
Skilled

Mike,

Sorry to hear you have to give up smithing, have you thought about getting an iron clad.

Just remember to do what you love in life.

www.turnerknives.com

Tags
knife, knife making