MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Knife Organizations and Club Boards > Georgia Knifemaker's Guild

Georgia Knifemaker's Guild The Georgia Knifemaker's Guild. Furthering and fostering the passion of knives, knifemaking, and related interests

Old 11-14-2009, 06:57 PM
Steel Addict

Lithonia meeting

Well folks if you missed this one you missed another good one ! The Costins were the hosts of this meeting , allowing us to have the meeting at there shop in Lithonia . The food was wonderful , and we had a good turn out of folks who were interested in the demos that we had set up. Folks sat around eating and enjoying some fellowship for about an hour . Wayne Hensley walked us thru a extensive hollow grinding demo , and Stephan Fowler show us how to etch with a trickle battery charger .
The next meeting will be in Statesboro, in Feb. at the twins shop . Watch the Ga web site for the exact dates to be announced . Plan on being there and having a good time. Thanks for joining us today , and next time encourage a friend to come a long with you , who knows , they may not know that they want to make knives yet. Scott Davidson

Old 11-15-2009, 07:28 AM

Scott, I am new to this forum and the Georgia Custom Knifemakers Guild.
If they feed us like they did yesterday, I'll be at every meeting!
What can I say? Great food, very nice people, lots of new tricks to learn, and the willingness of those more experienced to share their tricks.
Dan
Old 11-15-2009, 07:29 AM
Steel Addict

ga meeting

I enjoyed the meeting and seeing everyone. Thanks to the Costins for having us over. The lunch was great. Thanks men for the demos, they were great also.

Doug Adams
Carrollton, Ga
John 3:16
Old 11-15-2009, 12:16 PM
Enthusiast

sorry I missed Scott I just got out of the hospital yesterday and this time the boss wouldn't let me sneek out for the meeting.Glad you had a good time maybe in feb if I can stay healthy for awhile.george
Old 11-15-2009, 02:35 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks for another fun get together

Well, as usual, the group from Columbus had a great time and want to express our thanks to the Costins and everyone else for fellowship, friendship and fun, plus good food. I always learn something new, meet new friends and come home happy...who could ask for more!! James Mitchell
Old 11-15-2009, 07:11 PM
Skilled

Jerry Costin's shop is a great place for a meeting and the Costin's did a great job hosting it. I am sorry that Charlie and I had to leave early, but we did get to enjoy he demonstrations as well as see the entire group and meet some new guys as well. This bunch just keeps getting better!

If you missed this meeting you didn't get to see Wayne Hensley grind, freehand, a double hollow ground fighting knife on a grinder that he was not use to, with about 20 people standing there looking over his shoulder. Everybody should try that sometime. Talk about standing up under pressure. Stephen was popping some photos of the operation and I hope he will post some. Great job Wayne!
I wish I had thought of the battery trickle charger before I bought an etcher. It looked like it was doing a great job and Stephens logos were turning out perfect.
We hope to see everyone in Statesboro in February. We are trying to arrange something a little different for a demonstration and will post some information shortly if it works out.

Thanks again to the Costin's for hosting a great meeting.

Old 11-16-2009, 06:03 AM

Yepper! Another good meeting with the best people and good food.
Thanks Jerry and Nola for hosting and providing such good table fare.

Enjoyed meeting you Dan, glad you had a good time and hope to see you again in Feb.
Come up to Trackrock next Spring and I'll show you how to "grind" with a hammer.

Special thanks to Doug for bringing his metal sculpting friend. Beautiful work, hope some body has a picture to post of "The Welder".
As always, the demos were very informitive (even though no forging was involved). Thanks Stephan and Wayne. Full table of knives on display to wet the appetite and excite the mind.

Looking forward to February - those that know don't miss this one!

Registered Master Artist - GA Council for the Arts
C Rex Custom Knives

Blade Show Table 6-H
Old 11-16-2009, 06:26 PM
Skilled

I thought I posted a thank you to the Costins yesterday but it seems to have gone away. Reminds me of my mind.

Thanks folks, it was a great meeting and a great time.

I look forward to seeing everyone at the next meeting.

Carey

You are cordially invited to check out my web site:
Handmade Knives by Carey Quinn
Old 11-16-2009, 07:26 PM
Steel Addict

Thanks again Carey for the knife donation for the John Poythress scholarship . Beautiful knife . Scott

Old 11-17-2009, 04:24 PM
Skilled

Scott,

You and the Guild are more than welcome. I am thrilled that folks think my work is worthy to be contributed to the cause.

Carey

You are cordially invited to check out my web site:
Handmade Knives by Carey Quinn

Tags
forging, knife, knives