MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions > Balisong Discussions

Balisong Discussions Customs to productions, discussions about balisongs/butterfly knives, what's the best and how to do those crazy tricks.

Old 02-11-2005, 10:51 PM
Skilled

Sadness... :(

Talked to Chris Olofson today.., and he is officially shutting down his Custom Balisong Shop indefinitely except for outstanding orders that are "Pending".

As some of you may know.., Chris is a very talented Electrician.., and has resumed his work in that field with a very good job (with benefits, vacation, etc.).., so in that respect I'm very happy he is moving in a direction through his own choice.

Chris and myself have spent many hours chatting about the knife industry.., custom cutlery.., etc., so this is not a huge shock to me given his "Target Product" is (1) style knife ~~> the Custom Balisong.

Without running on and on...., Chris has certainly filled a gap in the Balisong Community that is "Classic".., and I (personally)..., will miss that a great deal. He is a terrific person to work with.., extremely straight forward.., and has built myself and many others some real "treasures" that will stand the test of time (the only test that matters).

When I can photograph everything I have Chris has made for me.., I'll certainly do an "In-Depth" post of these pieces.., noting the specifications and philosophy behind his work. Some terrific stuff!

I've bought all I could afford since Chris came on the scene..., and feel there is no better custom Balisong made than his $350 entry level skeletonized "classics" when comparing "Apples-to-Apples" in a collectible or utilitarian sense. Truly impressive precision!

I'd also like to thank Chris personally.., because he has certainly put up with lots of "babble" from me about [this-or-that].., and delivered BIG TIME!

You WILL be missed Mr. Olofson.., but we all wish you well with new endeavors!

A great ride for me..., and it's appreciated!

I think "Gone.., but never to be forgotten"..., does it justice for now...

As you know.., Jody has held and manipulated several of the pieces you've made for me.., and -Quoting- ~~> "#### this guy produces incredible pivot dynamics.., these are great knives!" ~~> just about says it all!

Good Luck from all of us Chris!

Thanks for maintaining the "Real Deal".

"There is no greater wisdom.., than [KINDNESS]"

"Hunters seek what they [WANT].., Seekers hunt what they [NEED]"
Old 02-12-2005, 09:48 AM
Skilled

Every time is see pic's of you pieces pete my jaw drops!I'm definitly glad i had a chance to place atleast one personal order,and baught another this morning!i'll add what little i can once i recieve mine.
Old 02-15-2005, 09:50 AM
Steel Addict

Definitely bad news for the balisong world, nobody makes bali's that fill that niche. Sucks for us. But Chris has my best wishes!

www.balisongtimes.com
Old 02-17-2005, 02:52 AM
Enthusiast

It is sadness indeed, but I also wish Good luck in whatever Chris will be doing.

aram
Old 02-17-2005, 02:10 PM
Enthusiast

Unhappy

LIFE/ENDOWMENT/PATRON NRA MEMBER
Old 02-17-2005, 06:46 PM
Enthusiast

I have been fortunate to handle a small amount of Chris' work, and I have to say I wish I would have kept at least one...

Tags
balisong, butterfly knife, knife, knives