MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > The Display Case

The Display Case A place to post your latest knives and creations. Let the Knife Network community see your work first!

Old 02-25-2015, 08:43 AM

Jerry Fisk blends WTC I & II steel with Geo Washington try...seriously

Thanks to Jerry for asking me to shoot this remarkable creation and tip 'o the hat for the patron who made it possible. Per Jerry:

"The Damascus was made from steel from tower one and two of the trade center and has a sun rise pattern.
The blade has 342 layers, which is a missing man weld [like the missing man formation the Air Force does about a fallen comrade] as there were 343 firemen and policemen that died that day.

The guard and pommel cap are from building two. The ferrule is a two piece ferrule of building one in front and building two on the back side of the ferrule. You can see that there is a separation of coloring.

The handle is from the George Washington Horse Chestnut tree. He planted 13 trees, one for each colony. This was the last tree and it was cut down about the year 2000. This was the tree planted for the Georgia colony. The gold inlay is by maker. The knife is patterned after the recognized National knife, The Bowie knife.

The owner was there the day after the fall of the trade center handing out medicine and helping any way he could. He wanted this as a reminder of that day."

Paul Long made the handsome sheath with frog and flush belt loop on the back. Paul says, "Sheath is 100% USA Prime leather with Beaver Tail inlay. Beaver was from Colorado."

The specs:
OAL 16 1/2 inches
Blade 11 inches
Weight 18.4 oz

Avatar ~ custom crank case cover from 1969 Harley shovelhead chopper
Old 02-25-2015, 09:30 AM
Steel Addict

OH WOW, that is absolutely fantastic!!!!

I keep finding myself going back to the pics, and every time I do I see something I missed the first time!
There is just more than the eye can take in at one time there!

What a collaboration that is one for everyone to be proud of!! These smile's doesn't seem appropriate but I feel like I need to say something more!

With every custom knife I build I try to accomplish three things. I want that knife to look so good you just have to pick it up, feel so good in your hand you can't wait to try it, and once you use it, you never want to put it down !
If I capture those three factors in each knife I build, I am assured the knife will become a piece that is used and treasured by its owner!

C Craft

Last edited by C Craft; 02-25-2015 at 09:37 AM.
Old 02-26-2015, 08:06 AM
Master

a true Masters' Piece............love it !

Tags
back, belt, belt loop, blade, bowie, bowie knife, building, damascus, frog, gold inlay, guard, handle, helping, inlay, knife, leather, made, man, pattern, sheath, steel, trade, usa, weld