MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Factory Knife Customization & Mid-Tech Boards > Randall Knives Forum

Randall Knives Forum Discuss Randall Knives

Old 10-30-2015, 01:58 PM
Skilled

Inter-Forum quoting

I am starting this thread as a place where those who were banned, then misquoted on the other forum can come to set the record straight. Many of us are members of both forums, so if necessary we can announce that we were banned, since when banned, they don't have the courage to announce it, along with a truthful reason why.

This isn't about bashing anyone, its about having a voice to defend ourselves.

Hopefully this thread will not see much activity, as the entire Randall community should get along. After all, we all enjoy the same thing.

Recently on the "banned on knifetalkforum" thread here, I brought to light a member of ktf misquoting some of my observations about RMK sheaths.

The original quote from the "Something Odd-ish" thread at ktf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktf member
I recall in the not too distant past someone claimed Heiser's "pointed" stone pouch flap was an irrefutable Heiser trait.

He then corrected his misquote, saying:

Quote:
It was brought to my attention that I have been quoted on another forum in relation to this thread. I realized that my initial quote about Heiser sheath stone pouch flaps and the respective shape was actually referencing by the original poster Johnson sheaths. I corrected that misquote. My memory to the minutiae of old threads is not something I revisit with any regularity if ever.

If your "memory to the minutia of old threads" is not good, then don't you think it wise that if you are going to quote someone, you should get your facts straight? Where did the "Irrefutable Heiser trait" comment come from?

I give him credit for setting the record straight, but if I would have not picked up on it and brought light to it, Nothing would have changed.

This defending myself is what eventually got me banned over there.

Another member then posted:

Quote:
Hopefully the inter-forum threads are behind us

I hope so as well. With all the misunderstanding and turning observations around to fit ones false narrative, please leave me, and my observations out of your posts, unless you get them right.

I tell you fellow banned ones, it feels good to be able to defend ones words without the worry of being banned. ....oh yeah, I already was...

Regards, Sam G

Last edited by samg; 10-30-2015 at 08:35 PM.
Old 10-30-2015, 04:07 PM
Skilled

Sam, I suggest just let it go. You will only submerge a lot of good research and interesting Randall discussions underneath a blanket of personal comment lines by continuing.

Sniping back here might give some personal satisfaction. And it is true that a lot of long-time Randall collectors are either banned or will no longer post over there because of the poisonous environment. However, "getting even" here is not worth the time. Let those folks enjoy their show-and-tell site with its monumentally epic "build" lines.

I think that the continuing collapse in the price of vintage Randalls is partly related to the shrinkage of collector discussion because of the attitude over there. So, it is a shame what has happened for the whole community, but ... it is what it is... Let it go, let's talk Randall knifes.

Last edited by Jacknola; 10-30-2015 at 05:18 PM.
Old 10-30-2015, 06:40 PM

Hi Sam!

I like Jack's advice. I don't think it's worth wasting our precious time and effort.

Let's concentrate on our real passion - Randall knives!

And maybe a cold one....

Cheers!

David

Old 11-06-2015, 09:24 AM
Steel Addict

It's much more fun insulting someone you heartily dislike when it's done in person (BOG)

www.BirdogForge.com

Tags
advice, back, bee, build, cold, knife, knives, lock, post, randall, sheaths, show, stone, vintage