MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > KNet Classifieds :: For-Sale Forums > The Supply Center

The Supply Center What's Hot ... and where the deals are! Supplies are our specialty ...

Old 01-10-2010, 01:25 AM
Steel Addict

Wood For Handles

Just thought I'd pass along some information about a place to get all kinds of wood for knife handles. I just met Steve Bartocci, aka The Board Hoarder, today and it was a treat!. Steve's not a real commercial type of guy even though he does have a website (The Board Hoarder). What he has is a big garage and a couple of smaller rooms with lots and lots of great wood, more varieties that I care to type! And all sizes. His prices are more than reasonable especially compared to other place I've been. And he's a heck of a nice guy.
He's located in Kirkland, WA (15 minutes from Seattle - but will ship anywhere).

So if you're in need of good wood for handles, carving, turning or anything else visit his website or PM me for contact info. Nothing in it for me just that I like to share a good find.
Old 03-19-2010, 01:06 AM
Administrator

He sounds like a good source. All the wood sellers that you see here, and in the classifieds are selling at no cost to them. Why don't you invite Steve to come over and post what he has. We're more than happy to show him how to get started posting threads and classified listings!

Tell him that it works, too!! The guys selling wood here are selling tons of it... I see the inquires.

Alex

[======]~~~~~~~>

Atlantavirtual.com
Atlanta NOC
Old 03-30-2010, 04:14 PM

is his web site working? have tried several time over the last few days and can not get to the site.

I am looking for Osage orange, black locust and mesquite. we will be traveling through Oklahoma, KS and MO later this month on our way home from Az are there any dealers or mills along the way?
Old 01-24-2012, 01:06 AM
Enthusiast

terry, new member here,if your in the s.w. part of okla.give me a call. got loads of mesquite and osage ,not much in the line of locust unless i can get out and hustle some up.been makin pistol grips from the burl of the mesquite and a few knives so we can hook you up on somethingits seasoned just not milled

Tags
knife, knives, post