MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > KNet Classifieds :: For-Sale Forums > The Supply Center

The Supply Center What's Hot ... and where the deals are! Supplies are our specialty ...

Old 10-13-2008, 05:35 PM
Master

Free Quenching oil

Hi everyone. I am moving house/shop 1600 miles and have so much oil in 5 gallon containers that moving and storage may be a problem for me.

I have 5 gallons of Texaco Type A (unused). This is extremely hard to get hold of.

I also have 5 gallons of Chevron 70 unused and another 5 gallon of the same but has been used some, but should still be serviceable.

I have had both oils for about 3 or 4 years . I have enough that I am still keeping some back for myself.

Its free but on condition that you drive to my home in Boerne and collect it. I am not shipping it so please do not ask.

I live in Boerne Texas zip code 78006.

If more than one person is interested then I either have to split it between you or you can fight it out between yourselves.

I am moving 11/3/08 so must be picked up before then or I will be forced to take it with me

Old 10-13-2008, 08:08 PM
Hall of Famer

Kevin,

I know a couple of guys on another forum that are getting into knifemaking hot and heavy (literally and figuratively). If not too many on here take advantage of your offer, do you mind if I pass the info along to them? I know they're in Texas, but don't recall exactly where.

Nathan
Old 10-14-2008, 05:49 AM
Skilled

I would love some of that oil and I live in Texas but I am still about 6 hours from you. Bummer.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:12 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armory414
Kevin,

If not too many on here take advantage of your offer, do you mind if I pass the info along to them? I know they're in Texas, but don't recall exactly where.

Nathan
Sure. In its on a first come basis.

Whoever picks it up, if its too much for them I hope they share it freely, got to keep the good karma going

Old 10-14-2008, 09:55 AM
Registered

San Antonio

well I see that you are in the hill country. If it is the hill country that I know it isn't too far from SA. drop me an email and I will try to get something lined up. matthew.stinson@mvisd.com I may be the guy NJ was talking about. will give you some handle material to express gratitude.

Last edited by blind_mouse; 10-14-2008 at 10:57 AM.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:11 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by blind_mouse
well I see that you are in the hill country. If it is the hill country that I know it isn't too far from SA. drop me an email and I will try to get something lined up. matthew.stinson@mvisd.com I may be the guy NJ was talking about. will give you some handle material to express gratitude.
e mail sent.

Old 10-14-2008, 11:16 AM
Master

Your e mail is not accepting me, thinks I am spam.

I will send a pm.

Old 10-14-2008, 03:20 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coutel
e mail sent.
I recieved it. I am a domain admin where I work. I get all of the emails

Response emailed back.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:28 PM
Skilled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coutel
Hi everyone. I am moving house/shop 1600 miles and have so much oil in 5 gallon containers that moving and storage may be a problem for me.

I have 5 gallons of Texaco Type A (unused). This is extremely hard to get hold of.

I also have 5 gallons of Chevron 70 unused and another 5 gallon of the same but has been used some, but should still be serviceable.

I have had both oils for about 3 or 4 years . I have enough that I am still keeping some back for myself.

Its free but on condition that you drive to my home in Boerne and collect it. I am not shipping it so please do not ask.

I live in Boerne Texas zip code 78006.

If more than one person is interested then I either have to split it between you or you can fight it out between yourselves.

I am moving 11/3/08 so must be picked up before then or I will be forced to take it with me

Kevin, If you still have some of the oil, I'll take some of it. I'm in New Braunfels and can come over and pick it up at your convenience. I can also make some of it available to others that may need it after you leave if you don't have enough takers that can pick it up.

Let me know if it's still available.

Johnny

Old 10-16-2008, 08:13 AM
Master

check your pm.

Old 10-17-2008, 10:12 AM
Guru

Kevin,
You are one of the movinist guys I know!! I hope you keep moving closer to the Tennessee Brotherhood that misses you!! Try not to put too many more scratches in that green press, and good luck with your move!

KempKnives.com
Old 10-17-2008, 11:25 AM
Master

Hi Lawrence. This IS going to be our last move. Moving to Nc to my wifes home town. I am grateful to have had the opportunity to experience different communities in this great country and to meet different people. There will always a place in my heart for you guys in Tennessee

The press is still going fine although the time has come that I need to replace the hydraulic hoses as they are begining to crack. I will also give her a splash of new paint so she will soon be as good as new.

Old 10-25-2008, 10:11 AM
Master

I still have the oil, cant even give it away

Old 10-26-2008, 06:39 AM
Skilled

Try and give Johnny Stout a call he lives in Boerne Texas zip code 78006, 830-606-4067