MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > KNet Classifieds :: For-Sale Forums > The Supply Center

The Supply Center What's Hot ... and where the deals are! Supplies are our specialty ...

Old 12-20-2000, 04:57 AM
BCB27

Best stabilized wood supplier

Who is the best supplier of stabilized wood?
Old 12-20-2000, 11:33 AM
JerryO13

I don't know if their the best but I do know many knifemakers use them

www.stabilizedwood.com/
Old 12-21-2000, 10:23 AM
Rade L Hawkins

I have a good supply of stabilized wood. the stabilizing was done by W.S.S.I These people have been around for a long time and do a great job. I have the following in stock at $25.00 per block Block size approx.1 1/2"x 5"x 1" thick
black ash burl
feathered crotch birch
burl birch
curly maple
some of these I have in green--red--black and brown. the stabilizing and dye are 100%penetration. I have been using this wood for almost 10 years and zero complaints. check out my web site at
www.radehawkinscustomknives.com
Old 12-21-2000, 08:10 PM
BCB27

Thanks for the input. I've bought from WSSI in the past. I am about to make a large order and wanted to make sure I was making the right decision. BTW, I'll be needing some more BG-42 from you soon.

Brett
Old 07-23-2012, 06:47 PM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCB27 View Post
Thanks for the input. I've bought from WSSI in the past. I am about to make a large order and wanted to make sure I was making the right decision. BTW, I'll be needing some more BG-42 from you soon.

Brett
Talk to Metal99 on here and ask him about the wood i just stabilized for him! Jon
Old 07-24-2012, 03:37 PM
Steel Addict

K&G Knife supply were the pioneers in stabilizing and still are the tops, followed by a close second WSSI.

[IMG]Click for information...[/IMG]
http://bradjohnsonknives.blademakers.com/
Old 08-01-2012, 07:26 PM
Master

The stabilized blocks I got from John are right up there with the WSSI stabilized blocks I have. I showed them to a few knife makers I know and they all said they couldn't tell the difference. It polishes up really well and absorbs te same % of water as the stuff I have from WSSI. I have a cottonwood block that is as hard as a rock and if you've ever worked with cottonwood you'd know it's far from hard when unstabilized.
Old 10-11-2012, 03:56 AM
Banned

Industrial Supplies exporters

Times India Trade - We have list of Industrial Supplies directory, All type Industrial Supplies, Industrial Supplies Exporters and suppliers.

Our Products:
Industrial Supplies manufacturers
Industrial Supplies exporters
Industrial Supplies suppliers
Industrial Supplies
Indian sellers
International sellers directory
Industrial Supplies-General
Industrial Supplies Stocks
Electroplating Metal & Equipment & Chemicals
Manufacturers directory
Exporters directory
Suppliers directory
Indian manufacturer
Global manufacturer
Global supplier
Old 10-11-2012, 07:05 AM
Banned

Honing Stone Suppliers

Surface Improvements (India) Ltd [SILK] celebrates a decade of involvement with the component industry.Spanning the complete range of components from large engine components to the smallest of horological parts

Honing Stone

The range of Honing brushes covers a wide range of grits for not only cleaning and finishing of bores, both for Hydraulic cylinders & IC engine bores and Liners. These are also extensively used in Plateau Honing of small bores. The special construction affords a mild but constant pressure against the wall of the cylinder giving a fairly uniform material removal and surface finish in the bore. Grits and sizes can be selected based on individual applications and technical parameters.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:10 AM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCB27 View Post
Who is the best supplier of stabilized wood?
Talk to Troy Kreager! he will be more than happy to do youre stabilizing, and he does a great job and a price you can live with!
Jon

Tags
cleaning, knife, knife supply, make, making, material, stabilizing, stone, supplies, supply, surface, wood