MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Factory Knife Customization & Mid-Tech Boards > Factory Knife & Mid-Tech Discussion

Factory Knife & Mid-Tech Discussion What's hot in the industry. General information about factory knives and mid-tech knife products are discussed in here. Tips, maintenance and modifications also... come on in!

Old 08-09-2004, 10:00 PM
Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to paradiggum
Good time abuse

Well over the last few weeks some buddies and I have been getting together on the weekends and shooting and getting the campfire roaring.
I decided to use these opportunities to really put a Natural Outlaw-E (can't forget that E now that the new stuff is out) through it's paces.
I had used these knives before but mostly just casual use. Light chopping and general cutting chores. Well these little get togethers have afforded me to really chop and generally abuse this thing. 4 campfires from different weekends, I used it to gather dry twigs and split larger pieces of wood into more managable pieces. I also used it to pry wood apart after the initial split was started.
Well after a bath the thing looks pretty much like it did over a month ago. Still slices paper without being sharpened.
I can happily say Busse blades are a good investment if you want a hard working tool.
I've been using some other blades and haven't been quite as pleased with their performance. I won't mention brands. One maker is making it right though.
Old 08-12-2004, 08:04 AM

Does anyone in your group have a digi-cam they'd be willing to take on the next outing?
Some Action Pics would really liven up this place

Mike

Old 08-12-2004, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtMike
Does anyone in your group have a digi-cam they'd be willing to take on the next outing?
Some Action Pics would really liven up this place

Mike
Mike (Mt One Each), I have one I'm willing to use for action pics but the quality of the pics may be a little questionable. I'll see what I can come up with.

Mike-adiggum, I'm still waiting on those comparrison pics you promised me. :cool:

Old 08-14-2004, 03:29 PM
Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to paradiggum
I'll see what I can do about getting some action shots taken.
Sorry Les. Been super busy. I just picked up some batteries for my cam last night. I'll see if I can't get those off to you before I send them back for reprofiling.

Tags
forge, knives