MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > KNet Classifieds :: For-Sale Forums > The Trade Report

The Trade Report This forum is for posting comments on your transactions with Knife Network members. Good comments can go a long, long way ... and so can bad. This board will be tightly monitored. Please keep on topic.

Old 10-09-2008, 06:51 PM
Steel Addict

Harrybobble,

You made a sereis of mistakes here. From begining to end.

First, you rant and rave about the material not looking like the material shown on a TRUE custom knife, even though you were told it would not look at all like it. I don't see a problem here.

Second, you have a kit knife asembler put your knife together with the fibermascus. His workmanship on your knife is really quite bad. This is what I would be pissed about. Not the handle material!

Then you find a true craftsman (Daniel Koster) to give your material a try. He buys the material from you, builds a knife, sells it to a customer, and tells you what he thought of the material. What the hell is the problem?

Then you rant about Daniel taking too long, not telling you what you wanted to hear, and then bitch about how he chose to finish HIS knife!

Now, I don't know what you expect from a custom knife maker as far as time frames are concerned, but six months is a minimal time to wait, many will take far longer, depending on work load.

So what, if his opinion was not negative enough for you? So What if it took six months? So what, if you wanted him to polish the handle? Was he makning this knife for you, to your specs?

You, Sir, are completely out of line!

In my opinion, you owe Daniel (and Gary) a BIG appology! Both of these gentlemen have responded to your rants far more potliely that I would have.

If you want true custom knife quality, then find a skilled maker and commission him to make what you want. Though after what I have seen in your posts here, I would not think many would want to do business with you. I know I would not!

-Mike-

Last edited by mdagley; 10-09-2008 at 06:53 PM.

Tags
blade, knife, knives