MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions > The Newbies Arena

The Newbies Arena Are you new to knife making? Here is all the help you will need.

Old 03-16-2004, 03:02 AM
Guru

2nd knife progress

I just thought I would post what I have ended up with (with a lot of help from many of you) right before I sent this off for heat treat. I did the profiling of the bevels with files and am very glad that part is done. Several coworkers wanted to see this and liked it so much that I have several orders for other types of knives. So I decided to get a 1X42 inch belt sander and I am in heaven. My next knife is already going tons faster. Just a side note I know that the small pin holes are not centered very well. Thanks heavens the two in the middle are much better and is what I will be using. Anyway please tell me what you think. I realize it is a poor picture and will post a better one when it is totally completed. Thanks for all the help and time saving ideas that got me to this point!!!
http://www.internetbusinesslinks.net..._before_HT.jpg

Last edited by David Johansen; 03-16-2004 at 03:05 AM.
Old 03-16-2004, 03:08 AM
Guru

I tried to post the picture instead of the link but always got the red X. I put the exact same link between the IMG tags so I don't know what I did wrong.

Also the knife is 1/4 inch 440 C Stainless. I am having it heat treated at Texas Knifemakers Supply. Thanks for looking!
Old 03-16-2004, 07:32 AM

Location: Portal, GA - If you know where it is, you probably got a speeding ticket.
Send a message via AIM to Jamey Saunders Send a message via MSN to Jamey Saunders Send a message via Yahoo to Jamey Saunders
Hi David. What you'll want to do is go to your album and look just below the picture. There, you'll find the direct URL to the image. That's the URL you'll want to paste between the IMG tags. The URL you pasted was the URL to the album page, not the image. Try that and the picture should come up for you.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of them." --John Wayne, in The Shootist
Old 03-16-2004, 11:18 AM
Guru

Here is the picture

Thank you Jamey! That worked. Also one last note on the blade. It is double edged to where the top edge meets the strait part of the spine.

Tags
blade, knife, knives